rejetto forum

IRC channel for hfs users

Guest · 16 · 8010

SteveW

An unofficial IRC channel has been started for HFS users on the Undernet network. The channel name is #HFS ...Topic is 'HFS fileserver... Meet other HFS users and share tips, tricks, and ips ;-)' . If you have a cool server why not join and show others how it's done.

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
Why not get a life?

Just kidding, i'm doubtful anyone will use this though, there is so much support on the forums but i suppose if you could get people to use it, then it would be a better support system then the forums maybe

Has anyone joined btw?
Just curious, why undernet? why not something that specializes in oss
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:17:11 AM by ELEVENNNN »
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Its a good idea to help out the community and I may join and have a look from time to time, but unless it really takes off I wont really use it.

SteveW

I wasn't thinking about technical support when I made the post, so much as setting up a place where people can set up webrings of HFS users who want to share their files, after all the forum gives the best technical support anyone could want. (thanks for all your help in the past everyone BTW). The reason for the Undernet network is simply that I already live on there 24/7 in several channels and if I should need help from others to maintain the HFS channel it would be no big deal. Oh and BTW so far the channel has 1 user and a bot lol. It will cost me nothing in resources to keep it open for a few months to see what happens. It could be useful for anyone who wants to meet other users in real time and have private chats ?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline moondog

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline moondog

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
only the host is one it i dont think that this channel will get people on it lol sorry

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I don't think there is enough cause for us to open an IRC channel here. If we had one I would sit on it, I use Chatzilla.

I prefer the forum system though cause all messages can be viewed and are logged away for later, so people can search for the answer to their questions. We have a shoutbox now if anyone has noticed it, It is in the main software board but most chatter in there is about HFS.

SteveW

In reply to Moon dogg I think undernet is the ideal network for people who don't have experience with IRC. After all with the Chatzilla plugin loaded into the firefox browser Undernet is just one mouse click away ... followed by typing /join #hfs. I dosn't get much easier than that. For people to configure Chatzilla to connect to a more obscure network would require much more effort.

SteveW

#HFS channel now has links to the latest posts in the HFS forum ... If there is enough support the channel will be registered with cservice @ undernet

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Well at least your dedicated to it.

SteveW

Nope not dedicated ... I really don't have much spare time these days. However the computer is up 24/7 always online ... unless microshit has another update for it ... ohhh look there's one now as we speak !!!

Offline mr-tickle

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
channel #HFS on undernet has received sufficient support to be registered with cservice.

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ugg, gonna have to check it out, be right in

S-West

well the 6 months is up ... channel will be closed after this weekend. You were right - more chit chat than help with HFS. However I enjoyed the experience and as I said before it cost me nothing to host the channel and give it stability. Best wishes with the continued evolution of the software, I will look on with interest. I believe the potential is awesome :-)