rejetto forum

[Problem] Gmail & HFS

Guest · 6 · 3927

AYEHAN

hi Rejetto
am facing a problem with HFS

when HFS is running Gmail isnt work properly, and when i press F4 or shutdown HFS Gmail works fine, even on my local network a person claimed that when he was downloading a file from me Gmail stop working

is there anything i miss in setting HFS?

Thanks

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
try a different port? maybe the port you use is the same one gmail is trying to use... I am struggling to see how HFS would be interfering with gmail... do you mean the gmail notifier, or gmail the site. My only other thought is that transfers in HFS is hogging all the upload bandwidth which prevents you from logging into gmail... i used to have this problem with torretns on my old router.

I will check back in the morning, sleep time :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 05:29:33 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
please, specify what you mean by Gmail.
i use gmail too, but you can access it in a number of ways.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I use Gmail with pop and a mailreader, and sometimes as webmail. In either form I had a problem in any of three computers that are configured about the same (hfs + regular mail + webmail). Look if your hfs runs on a port used by gmail.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

AYEHAN

hi

sorry for late reply

gmail as website gmail[dot]com, and yes i think its coz of upload bandwidth coz my upload alwatz touch to 100-200KB/s ... but port umm no idea about port as i use port 80 for HFS

and if its coz of upload then why i need to stop HFS? even if there is no uploads i still have problem and when i press F4 on HFS windowsmeanz stopped the web server it will be all fine

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile