rejetto forum

Ominous Bug? Move Dialog when trying to add files via context shell

Guest · 7 · 2613

McConnor

Hello there,

By request of rejetto I want to draw your attention to this post of mine in the Bugs Section:

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=4728.msg1026470

rejetto and me tried to get to the bottom of this but up to know without success. Has anybody else had this problem?

Screen one is taken immediately after adding two files to hfs via context shell
Screen two is taken after aborting the move process
Answering ok to the move request will correctly move the files to the selected destination but will not add them to hfs.

Greetings from Stuttgart, Germany,

McConnor

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Screen two is taken after aborting the move process

let it be known that this "move process" should never take place ....

McConnor

By the way, rejetto:

I disabled the filebox-extender plugin (the boxes at the upper right side of the explorer box) but that had no effect on the problem.

Greets,

McConnor

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
I just added around 7 gigs of files at once to the VFS >_<, it took around 40 seconds but nor the move dialog appeared nor my explorer crashed.

Maybe it has something to do with the extra programs you've installed, cause i can see 4 icons in the top bar that are not supposed to be there.. So, maybe its a software conflict, who knows.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Maybe it has something to do with the extra programs you've installed, cause i can see 4 icons in the top bar that are not supposed to be there.. So, maybe its a software conflict, who knows.
might be software conflict, but not necessarily for that prog because i also have the same prob without use that prog. i try the same thing, adding file (single/multiple) using context menu at my U's comp, also have same prob. both my pc and that comp runing winXP. i think i need to try with a "fresh" computer that does not have any program that may associate with this problem installed but i dont think i have one.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you may try with starting Windows in safe mode.
it's similar to having no software installed.

McConnor

Hi there,

I deinstalled programs that seemed suspicious to me like Killcopy and the Filebox extender. Unfortunately HFS is still "moving" things rather than adding...

I will try the "safe-mode" thing next.

Greets,

McConnor