rejetto forum

cap on download?

Offline kalispimenta

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The maximum tranfers rate i can achieve is 60kb/s is there another way i can increase this value?

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
You would have to go to your ISP and increase your Upload Speed.  When someone is downloading from your server, you are actually uploading to them.
maverick

Offline kalispimenta

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
how do i do that when testing my upload is over 4000kb/s and 22000 download.Also my friend can download multiple files but they all stay in 60kb/s range

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
How come you can download over 22000kbp/s ;D thats somewhere near 170 mbit, must cost a small fortune each month.

I say you are testing it locally. that does not give good test results. 60kbp/s must be your external speed, which is still a fair speed. There is no way of increasing this (Except to turn your torrents off ^^) without the help of your ISP.. But that does cost more money..  Pay more = Get more.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
how do i do that when testing my upload is over 4000kb/s and 22000 download.

was this tested locally ?
go to www.speedtest.net and test your speed.

Offline pythond99

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i have the same problem i tested my speed from wisconsin to new zealand with download rate of 1562kbp/s  and  upload of 360kbp/s and i can't seem to get it above 60kbp/s when someone is downloading from me.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
pythond99 to me it sounds like you have 1562kilobits\sec/360kilobits\sec which = Approx 160kilobytes\sec / 46kilobytes\sec ... so your upload sounds correct to me... i could be wrong tho.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:44:12 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

Kilobits vs. Kilobytes

When looking at DSL speeds, be aware that the speeds are listed in Kilobits per second (Kbps) and not Kilobytes per second (KB/s). This is important to understand the speed you will actually receive when your DSL circuit is up and running and you begin downloading or uploading information over the Internet or your network. Below is a comparison table of the differences between a Kilobit and a Kilobyte.

Kilobits (Kb)                 Kilobytes (KB)      Download or Upload Time*      
144 Kbps                       18 KB/s                    1 minute      
384 Kbps                       48 KB/s                   21 seconds   
640 Kbps                       80 KB/s                   14 seconds
768 Kbps                       96 KB/s                   11 seconds      
1,100 Kbps (1.1Mbps)     138 KB/s                 7.5 seconds      
1,500 Kbps (1.5Mbps)     187.5 KB/s               5 seconds      

*Based on transferring a 1 MB file over a network with no congestion. Times are approximate.

Translations:
1 Kilobyte (KB) = 8 Kilobits (Kb)
1 Megabyte (MB) = 1024 Kilobytes
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i have the same problem i tested my speed from wisconsin to new zealand with download rate of 1562kbp/s  and  upload of 360kbp/s and i can't seem to get it above 60kbp/s when someone is downloading from me.

it is correct, as TSG says, speedtest reports the speed as 8x (bits instead of bytes), so you are already going at your max speed.