fromtable

Mars · 7 · 4577

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
main.pas
    if name[1] = '!' then
      try result:=or_([fromTable('special:strings',p), md.tpl.getStrByID(p), par(0), p]) except end;

1)Bad formulation, cannot absolutely work except by correcting as follows
if name[1] = '!' then
      try result:=or_([fromTable(md.tpl['special:strings'],p), md.tpl.getStrByID(p), par(0), p]) except end;

2)But it is not still sufficient:
function fromTable(tbl, k:string):string;         //transformed by mars
  var
    i: integer;
    h: THashedStringList;
  begin
  result:='';
  i:=pos(CRLF,tbl);
  if i>0 then
    begin
     h:=ThashedStringList.create();
     h.Text:=tbl;
     result:=dequote(h.Values[ k ]);
     h.Free;
     exit;
    end;

i:=md.cd.vars.indexOfName(tbl);
  if i < 0 then exit;
  h:=md.cd.vars.Objects[ i ] as THashedStringList;
  if h = NIL then
    begin
    h:=ThashedStringList.create();
     h.Text:=md.cd.vars.valueFromIndex[ i ];
     md.cd.vars.Objects[ i ]:=h;
    end;
  result:=h.Values[ k ];
  if (tbl = 'ini') and (result = 'no') then result:='';
  end; // fromTable

And so, everything works marvelously.

Some correctives sometimes bringing novelties, here is three macro  with current tastes to multiply their possibilities of use:
var
  i: int64;
  j:integer;
begin
try
  try
    assert(assigned(cbData), 'cbMacros: cbData=NIL');
    md:=cbData;
    if name = 'set' then    //mod by mars
      begin
      result:=CRLF; 
      if pars.count=2 then result:=dequote(par(1))
       else for j := 1 to pars.Count - 1 do result:=result+dequote(par(j)+CRLF);
      setVar(p, result);
      end;

if name = 'set append' then    //mod by mars
      begin
      if pars.count=2 then result:=dequote(par(1)) 
       else for j := 1 to pars.Count - 1 do result:=result+dequote(par(j))+CRLF; 
      if satisfied(md.cd) then setVar(p, md.cd.vars.values[p]+result); 
      end;

if name = 'from table' then  //mod by mars
      begin
      if (pos('=',p)>0) or (pars.count>2) then
        for j := 0 to pars.Count - 2 do result:=result+dequote(par(j)+CRLF)
        else result:=p;
      result:=fromTable(result, par(pars.Count-1));
      end;

With in example: how to use the possibilities

<hr>
{.!marco.}
<p>
{.!mars|{.from table|{.section|special:alias.}|mars.}.}

<hr>
{.set|midas|pot1=vert|pot2=jaune|
pot3=rouge
pot5=violet|pot4=noir.}

{.set append|midas|pot6=marron|
pot8=blanc
pot9=orange.}

{.from table|midas|pot5.}

<p>
{.from table|{.^midas.}|pot8.}

<hr>
{.from table|{.load|hfs.ini.}|listen-on.}

<hr>
{.from table|marco=rapido|tata=valou|tartare.}

<p>
{.from table|
marco=rapido
tartare=valise
|marco.}

<hr>
{.from table|{.section|special:alias.}|mars.}

<hr>
{.from table|{.section|special:alias.}|marco.}

[special:alias]
marco=mars-alias
tartare=valise
mars=tatoo
never=boubou

[special:strings]
marco=mars-strings

you can use this little template with the french build 224 to see result as
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mars-strings
tatoo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
violet
blanc
rapido
tatoo
mars-alias

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:10:17 AM by mars »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

fromtable works on variable names, and that's what i'm passing.
i see it is not very clear, so i will add this comment in the source
// we look for p (they key) in {.^special:strings.} then in [special:strings]. If no luck, we try to output an eventual parameter, or the key itself.

if name = 'set' then    //mod by mars
    if name = 'set append' then    //mod by mars

i think you burned out all parameters of these macros to gain very very little functionality.

if name = 'from table' then  //mod by mars

aside the comment above, here you are duplicating the functionality of {.switch.} but the syntax is not much handier
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:47:12 PM by rejetto »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

fromtable works on variable names, and that's what i'm passing.
i see it is not very clear, so i will add this comment in the source
// we look for p (they key) in {.^special:strings.} then in [special:strings]. If no luck, we try to output an eventual parameter, or the key itself.

what would you think about testing this line in main.pas,

try result:=or_([fromTable('special:strings',p), par(0), p]) except end;

the beautiful theory of the fromTable('special:strings',p)  falls then to the water.

The only reason for which the transcription of call of variables {. Var.} work is only possible by the presence of
 md.tpl.getStrByID(p)

To be able to use the macro ' from table ' it is compulsory to spend by macro 'set' and the associated variables, my version of this macro allows the users to spend the other values, but it is sometimes boring to use one macro 'set' with 150 lines in the continuation, while by separating every line by one' |' , we can write it on one or several lines

{.set (append)|midas|pot1=vert|pot2=jaune|
pot3=rouge
pot5=violet
pot4=noir.}

With the current limitations which are imposed, it is compulsory to pass by:
{.set (append)|midas|
pot1=vert
pot2=jaune
pot3=rouge
pot5=violet
pot4=noir
// after a very very long time ;D
pot175896= It is still far the end of the file? ;).}

{.from table|midas|pot175896.}
OUF! It is finish

Then, Who prefers to can use always:

{.set (append)|midas|pot1=vert|pot2=jaune|pot3=rouge|pot5=violet|pot4=noir
pot175896= It is not still far the end of the file ;).}

or   sometime:

{.from table|pot1=vert|pot2=jaune|pot3=rouge|pot5=violet|pot4=noir
                |pot3.}

and why not the possibility:

{.from table|{section|mysection|myfile.}|valuesearch.}

using [special:string] is caching. if this section is changed we can see only old values, not the refresh:

My propositions are not contradictory to the exsistant, and can bring a little of freshness in the macro, I do not understand your hesitation.

aside the comment above, here you are duplicating the functionality of {.switch.} but the syntax is not much handier
I shall thus end by a quetion,without expectation of answer ;):
Why to use the macro MOVE, while we have COPY and DELETE who combined together make the same work
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:12:48 PM by mars »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what would you think about testing this line in main.pas,
      try result:=or_([fromTable('special:strings',p), par(0), p]) except end;
 the beautiful theory of the fromTable('special:strings',p)  falls then to the water.
The only reason for which the transcription of call of variables {. Var.} work is only possible by the presence of
 md.tpl.getStrByID(p)

getStrByID() makes the [section] work.
fromTable() makes the {.^variable.} work.
so, since you removed getStrByID, even without testing i guess the variable will work and the section will not.
I just tested this in the last build, and it is working as expected
Code: [Select]
{.set|special:strings|
a=1
b=2
c=3
.}
{.!b.}

this is 3.
i don't understand if you are trying to report a bug or not. If yes, please provide a way to reproduce it (what you do, what you get, what you expected).

To be able to use the macro ' from table ' it is compulsory to spend by macro 'set' and the associated variables, my version of this macro allows the users to spend the other values, but it is sometimes boring to use one macro 'set' with 150 lines in the continuation, while by separating every line by one' |' , we can write it on one or several lines

if you feel uncomfortable with too many lines, you may solve it with a user-macro that will replace a string you decide with the newline.
if this cannot be done, we can work on it.

|pot3.}

this is the {.switch.}

you just have to {.set.} first.
if you don't like the double step, you can {.set.} your macro (or maybe an alias)

using [special:string] is caching. if this section is changed we can see only old values, not the refresh:

changed? how? can you make an example?

My propositions are not contradictory to the exsistant, and can bring a little of freshness in the macro, I do not understand your hesitation.

i think i'm replying point by point to your statements. if there's any of my replies that's not clear to you, just tell me which one, i can try to reword.

I shall thus end by a quetion,without expectation of answer ;):
Why to use the macro MOVE, while we have COPY and DELETE who combined together make the same work

is move always the same as copy+delete? answer: no. ;)

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
                |pot3.}

this is the {.switch.}

I do not believe that their functionings are identical same if under the shape which I propose they get closer to it but in a very particular case.

You cannot use
{.from table|pot1,pot10=vert|pot2,pot20=jaune|pot3,pot30=rouge|pot5,pot50=violet|pot4,pot40=noir|pot3.}
 with the same result as
{.switch|pot3|,|pot1,pot10|vert|pot2,pot20|jaune|pot3,pot30|rouge|pot5,pot50|violet|pot4,pot40|noir| elsevalue.}
Which gives a result by default if there is no correspondence.

a=1
b=2
c=3
.}
{.!b.}

this is 3.
i don't understand if you are trying to report a bug or not. If yes, please provide a way to reproduce it (what you do, what you get, what you expected).

This is a particular use for the case of the variable {.set|special:strings|.... as a masqued possibility,
I know nobody who would have had the idea to use it because the section foreseen for that exists. Excepted maybe TSG? :D.

If you modify the fromtable() procedure  as I proposed it, then we can amputate the code of fromtable('special:string') and use correctly with the same result :

a=1
b=2
c=3
.}

{.from table|{.^special:strings.}|b.}

changed? how? can you make an example?
It has to correspond certainly to an old ghost bug which I had owed noticed in a previous build, I did not manage to reproduce, certainly corrected involuntarily since the build 222 with its big modifications, I shall experience with more hurdy-gurdies versions to confirm my error.

if you feel uncomfortable with too many lines, you may solve it with a user-macro that will replace a string you decide with the newline.
if this cannot be done, we can work on it.

you just have to {.set.} first.
if you don't like the double step, you can {.set.} your macro (or maybe an alias)

It is true that we can always create alias from other alias, but it extends the length of the template and increases the possibility of errors, while to spread  the possibilities of certain macro can allow certain forms of use to determine more quickly where can be an error which we would manage not to encircle at normal time.

I thus maintain my demand, indeed by reminding that it modifies not at all the normal functioning of the macro current.
I shall thus end by a quetion,without expectation of answer :

is move always the same as copy+delete? answer: no.

Set apart a remainder of the file in the local recycledbin, from the point of view of hfs the result is identical ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
You cannot use
{.from table|pot1,pot10=vert|pot2,pot20=jaune|pot3,pot30=rouge|pot5,pot50=violet|pot4,pot40=noir|pot3.}
 with the same result as
{.switch|pot3|,|pot1,pot10|vert|pot2,pot20|jaune|pot3,pot30|rouge|pot5,pot50|violet|pot4,pot40|noir| elsevalue.}
Which gives a result by default if there is no correspondence.

so? i don't understand where's your point...  in your example fromtable is losing over the switch.
be clear, what is offering your {.fromtable.} more than the {.switch.} to make us think that it's worth?

This is a particular use for the case of the variable {.set|special:strings|.... as a masqued possibility,
I know nobody who would have had the idea to use it because the section foreseen for that exists. Excepted maybe TSG? :D.

the benefit is that variable are dynamic, and can be changed, while sections are not.
you can load the language text externally, as many softwares do. i think this can be very useful.

If you modify the fromtable() procedure  as I proposed it, then we can amputate the code of fromtable('special:string') and use correctly with the same result :
{.from table|{.^special:strings.}|b.}

{.!b.} is way much shorter, and a lot faster (because it's caching the structure).
so, why the hell should i want to use something longer and slower?

It is true that we can always create alias from other alias, but it extends the length of the template and increases the possibility of errors,

this is not the good way to go.
keeping the core to the minimum is quite important, and additions should be weighed, not just added.
your reasons are: to write 1 line less in the template. it's not enough in my opinion.

is move always the same as copy+delete? answer: no.

Set apart a remainder of the file in the local recycledbin, from the point of view of hfs the result is identical ;)

i don't understand. try rewording.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
I could clearly see that you missplaced a comma up there mars  :) ;)

Armin_van_Buuren_-_Imagine_The_Remixes-WEB-2009-TPRoxxTheHouse 09(06:07:00)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND