rejetto forum

RAWR-Player help...

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Like I've said in other threads, I have very limited programming skills.  I'm trying to implement the RAWR-Player for mp3's and avi's into the Live 2 template.  I've been partially successful.  I can get the window to pop up, and the audio to start playing with both mp3's and avi's, but that's about it.  The window is incomplete and never shows the player, or any video with avi's.  I've attached a picture of an mp3 playing.  An avi playing basically looks the same, except the window is obviously much bigger.  Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it?  I'm starting to run out of ideas, since my programming skills are slightly above cut and paste.  If there is anything else I can provide, please let me know.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
RAWR-Player is only one component of RAWR-PreviewBox... Attach your template archive and I will get it working for you. It's too hard to explain, especially if your programming skills are just above cut and paste :P

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks TSG.

Is this all you need, or do you need more?  I know it's a mess, but it is still a work in progress.  By the way, do you know how to pin the search box to a specific location?  It's fine in Firefox and Opera, but its moved way over to the left and pushes the other text at the bottom of the screen even lower (Live help, and the HFS referral links) in IE6.  It may just be an IE6 "issue", so if it is, don't worry about it. ;D

Again, thanks a million.

JEFF
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:46:25 AM by forthehandyman »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I need the whole archive...

I will try to fix your search box.

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I sent everything to your e-mail account listed in the TOG template.  The file was just over a Mb, even with it fully compressed, or I would have posted it here.  Let me know if that wasn't the right address or if I forgot something.

I just noticed something interesting.  The MP3 and AVI players work perfectly in Opera the way I have it set up in my template right now.  In IE6, they work, but the text is not formatted properly.  That may have something to do with the style sheet, but I'm not too sure.  In Firefox, the players look like the picture in my first message in this thread.  I have no idea why this is or if it will even help you, but I thought it was interesting.

JEFF

« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 06:31:55 AM by forthehandyman »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
ok i have taken a look at the problem, the problem is, that you have various javascript errors all over the place... alot of missing '}' and stuff, get the firefox addon "firebug" and you will see what i mean... its either from your editing or its some chrno has missed, if you can fix these bugs it might let the script run. now as for the player not working.... i cant see why it wouldn't other than these errors. You have implemented it correctly from what i can see, in the mess of code that is live template :-X what else...  search... its just a css problem. I could fix it but I'm more worried about the previews and other js errors.

The main problem is that you aren't using the ToG...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:30:32 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I know I should be using your template, but I've invested so much time and effort into trying to make Live 2 work correctly, that I just can't bring myself to give it up.....not yet anyway. ;)

I've downloaded firebug, and when I find some free time, I will see what I can find and do.

Thanks for all of your help.

JEFF