rejetto forum

New feature

Guest · 16 · 5167

Boom-burum

Hello! I use hfs 124
one minus - it is very slow load vfs if there is too many objects :(

I want to ask you about one feature (option)
Now, when somebody enter on my host - i see his IP in LOG file, but i can not identify him
Is it possible to add a feature "Login Screen" - when somebody enter's my store, he enter his name and after it he have acess to all files. But in my log i see IP(his entered name)

?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
You want to set user account system, that is more like a forced guestbook? I have suggested getting HFS to log everything that a user submits in the username and password fields, and having the ability to ban a user , to identify if a user is trying to hack in... this could be tweaked to work that way... i guess

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you see "Login" above on the right, in the browser. that's what you asking for.
to configure identities, switch to expert mode. menu -> other options -> user accounts

one minus - it is very slow load vfs if there is too many objects :(

how many items do you have? (it is written in the status bar)

Boom-burum

I dant want use account systems - i dont want add many users and generate passwords for them (i dont want keep them).

And i don't want protect my store - i want it be free (without registrations, passwords etc)

I want that: i start HFS, copy its link and send it to my friends via ICQ (for example to 20 friends)
And than in log there lot of strings with IP-adresses and i dont know, who is it (from this 20 friends)

I suggest to add optional form (when enter on my HFS) - it asks to enter NAME (i enter Boom-burum)
and after it user redirects to my store and can download files
(and i see in log IP(Boom-burum))

Boom-burum

about items - it is nearly 6000
And on startup HFS loads nearly 15 mins :(

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

when you add more than 1000 items, there is a message that suggests you to use real folders instead of virtual folders.
on all the folders you don't need to be virtual, you should right click and "switch to real folder".

Boom-burum

I know that i cannot do it with HFS, so i ask about addition this feature :) I think it takes 5 mins - add small form on INDEX page and send entered info from this form to HFS

About 1000 items... i know. But i must use folders as they are on my disk - my store is a big program-store, all programs are in their categories, all programs in subfolders wit screen, localisations etc... and i must control all it, versions etc

Sorry for my english, i am from Russia :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I know that i cannot do it with HFS, so i ask about addition this feature :)

some versions ago, it was this way. you could enter any username without password. but many people got confused with this, so i had to change.
i will see if this can be optional, to accept any username.

I think it takes 5 mins - add small form on INDEX page and send entered info from this form to HFS

you already can make the form yourself. the problem is that it won't accept any username.

About 1000 items... i know. But i must use folders as they are on my disk - my store is a big program-store, all programs are in their categories, all programs in subfolders wit screen, localisations etc... and i must control all it, versions etc

control? if you use real folders, people will just see things as they are in your disk.
are you renaming some files down there? are you protecting some specific file? if not, then use real folders.

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server

Give us some info about your system (processor, ram, and so on).

I test with one folder with 14.500 files (41,5 GB) and time HFS's startup is: immediately  ;D

File listing of this folder take about 2 minutes.

My pc is AMD Athlon 64x2 Dualcore 3800+ and 1mega of ram.

f.
E allora Dio creò l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Boom-burum

My PC is very old ;(
P3 700Mhz | 512 RAM

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
fabnos, the folder that you test, is it real folder or virtual folder? i think the main problem is not how big the folder size but how many things (folders / files) you put in hfs, which means a virtual folder that contain thousands of items takes longer time to load compare to a real folder that have the same amount of files or filesize. just my opinion, need to be confirmed by others.

Offline calkster

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
just set up a real folder i have a HFS server going with 2 350 gig HD across a network linking the two machines with HFS and no one I know has any problems evern with a music section with over 8000 (yes 8000) .MP3 music list loading. might take 1min to load the whole list.

:P 

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server
fabnos, the folder that you test, is it real folder or virtual folder? i think the main problem is not how big the folder size but how many things (folders / files) you put in hfs, which means a virtual folder that contain thousands of items takes longer time to load compare to a real folder that have the same amount of files or filesize. just my opinion, need to be confirmed by others.

Ciao radd

Usually I use always real folder.

In any case now i'm at home with an old friend with less power and ram.

This old friend that is my very work's workstation is P3 650Hz with 320 MB of ram on mb Asus P2BLS [L is for lan, S is for SCSI, so HD is SCSI] (why is my very workstation ??? Simple, works with WIN2KPROSP4 the better, in my opinion, sw by M$, stable, no problem, no MSXP breack ball  ;D firewall ....
Until it doesn't die I leave XP and Vista all x you  ;)

Well, here the new test on a so obsolete machine:

1080 file (folder docs 312 MB)

6923 files (folder in lan 60 GB; is enought ?)

HFS 2.2a build 124 start up time: immediately !

Now with virtual folder (same folder as above):

HFS 2.2a build 124 start up time: 10 seconds !

I don't find big differences between virtual and real folder and , in any case, all this testing is made with default tpl by rejetto.

f.

E allora Dio creò l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
mmm, it takes about 5-10secs for my machine to load the vfs, its a mixture of real and virtual.

specs are here:
Win XP MCE, AMD Athlon 3500+ (2.2ghz)(Venice Core), 2gb RAM, 580gb total hdd space.