rejetto forum

Recent Posts

HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Why file system cleared?
« Last post by LeoNeeson on Today at 09:08:56 AM »
@Mars: Your comment leads me to have this 'theoretical' idea: how about setting up the 'System' file attribute, on the VFS file?. In this way, the file should be considered important enough to not be deleted by Windows or other file utilities. This way, we could discard that some external program could be automatically deleting the file (and concentrate the efforts on knowing if it's an HFS's problem). The 'System' attribute could be changed using Attrib or BulkFileChanger (or any other file utility). What do you think? Is a good or bad idea? (or is useless?)
« Last post by Mars on September 28, 2022, 07:19:57 PM »
for once it would have been necessary to note the date of creation of the empty vfs file, to determine if it was a new file created as part of a data backup or if there was loss of the complete file with recreation of a new but virgin,
this date could also have been compared with the log of windows application and system events and allowed to have an idea of ​​the cause of this phenomenon.

To tell the truth, this seems to be a fairly exceptional phenomenon over time, if it were more often recurrent, we could consider an in-depth study to try to reproduce it. At this stage it is wiser to make backups at regular intervals

the subject remains open to follow-up in the event of a shorter recurrence

by HFS scripts it is certainly possible to test the size of the current vfs and in the event of an incident to restore the last backup without the administrator having to intervene too late while issuing an alert to this one in the form of an email or other means of communication available from the server

we can test the existence of a hidden virtual file in the vfs as a reference point, and if this one disappears this means that the vfs had a problem, hfs can then react accordingly
« Last post by alexfmos on September 28, 2022, 05:42:43 AM »
Well, it happens again.
- What HFS version are you using?
- What Operating System are you using?
- Do you have any Antivirus or File Cleaners that could delete .vfs files?
HFS 2.4.0 RC6
Win 10 all updates
No
HTML & templates / Re: The "Takeback" template - A different & modern taste
« Last post by stibuz95 on September 17, 2022, 09:17:43 AM »
Hello, i use this template from a lot of time and... very good job!
Now i'm trying to use a different homepage, because ive also an emby server running and i want to redirect from my homepage to emby or hfs.
Now ive managed to do it with quickPHP, but it wastes resource (few) and doesnt permit me to have good redirectings (all is fine from outside the network, but not in local).
Anyway, i've tried to change the name of the home page (the one blank), but some redirects dont work obviously. I've tried to understand where to change hrefs but i'ts a pain, im not very expert with HTML and scripts.
Is there a way to change the homepage label from [] to something like [hfs] ?
Thank you all in advance for any tips :D

EDIT:
I've tried by replacing all "href="*/" with "href="*/tildehfshome" (where tilde is the symbol and * is to say "both . and .. and nothing" but this will break some template functions (for example when im logged i cant see my files but only a string which says "%files%".
Any help? Thanks!

EDIT2: i've found that %files% only shows in the main section
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: 3.0.26.1
« Last post by mandoz on September 08, 2022, 07:15:42 PM »
Hi,
solved with 0.26.3 - thanks
« Last post by mandoz on September 03, 2022, 09:23:55 AM »
Hi Leo, thanks for the suggestion
now i can open 3.0.26.1
I have another problem. I don't load plugins .....
« Last post by LeoNeeson on September 02, 2022, 02:46:26 AM »
Hello, the error message says (in Italian):

Impossibile eseguire questa app nel tuo PC
Per cercare una versione per il tu PC, contatta il distributore del software.
Chiudi

That message, in English, is:

This app can't run on your PC
To find the version for your PC, check with your software publisher.
Close

Searching for a solution, I have found that this error "can occur when User Account Control (otherwise known as UAC) is disabled. Some users have said in support forums that re-enabling UAC fixed this issue for them. So, make sure UAC is enabled by following these steps: Open the Windows search text box, and type User Account Control there.". More info, HERE.

See if suggestions mentioned HERE helps you.

If you solve this, you could comment the solution here, as reference for other users, in case someone comes with a similar issue in the future. :)

Hope this helps,
Leo.-
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / 3.0.26.1
« Last post by mandoz on August 30, 2022, 07:25:49 PM »
hello Rejetto
with 3.0.26.1 this error message. what can I do?
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: problem with get ip address of external user in my log
« Last post by rejetto on August 12, 2022, 02:46:28 PM »
1. it's described in the link i posted
2. i suppose this to not affect the mechanism, as it address is carried inside the http request

stunnel is not an http proxy, as apache can be, and so you have no way to get the real ip.

with nginx (i'm not using apache) you only need a line like this:
         proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For   $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

as an alternative, HFS 3 is already supporting https natively, one may not need a proxy.
1.hfs need to be set to receive an IP from any IP not set to local Host IP

2. Reverse proxy need to send traffic to the machine address not the localhost (this is why you are seeing 127.0.0.1)

Rejetto I have not found that to be the case, such as stunnel. The networking from stunnel is on the local Host and all connection are to and from the localhost. S tunnel logs the public ip. The work silent plz has done os to combine and see that log.

The same is still true with HFS in a reverse proxy situation as configuration by default. This is done to secure the connection with in the reverse proxy, that why jfs is seeing the connection as 127.0.0.1 as machine traffic forwarded it to that.

OP will need to revisit his Apache configuration to setup his networking to allow HFS to see that data.