rejetto forum

how can i link server images in a website

Offline blaze818

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i used to run another server program previous to HFS and, for example,   it would let me post a link on a website and it would disply the picture or video that it was linked to on my server. but with HFS it always asks me for a password. i have been looking in the options but i cant seem to come up with anything.  hopefully there is a way to do this and if anyone has any input that would be great...thanks guys

Anonymous

Simple. Don't password protect them or the folders they are in.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
HFS asks for a password if you told you to do so... if you set one...

if you did not, then you are not actually browsing HFS but something else (like your router)

help420me

I've been putting the hosted images in the root folder and making them hidden, no password.  Picture files can then just be added in the html.  You can also put them all in a folder called IMG or some such.  I also keep the favicons.ico and robots.txt in root for browsers.

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Additionally, you will have to specify the extensions that you want HFS to display in browser and not download.
By default, jpg files are automatically displayed in the browser but you might want to add .png and .gif to the list as well :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile