rejetto · 44 · 25351

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
"Delete selected" and "archive" are in conflict, we must refresh the page to make them work separately.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
This conflict can be solved with macros and changing options:

1. On initial screen no checkboxes are shown.
2. The options delete and archive are changed to: 'Select files to delete ' and 'Select files to archive'.
3. When one of the two is selected ->?seldelete or -> ?selarchive, checkboxes are shown and the contrary option is not more shown, only the button 'archive' (or 'delete') and 'Cancel' . Executing the option or canceling will revert to 1. and 2.

Idea for a new option: with selected files 'create a list of selected files with their real path'! This would allow to create with the help of {.exec.} a batchfile to be used with 7zip (or some other program) to create a '%user%.zip.  In the template ther could be a line before files: ¨{if |filelength %user%.zip|{:<a href... Your file is ready for download....} and in the event.script  some code {on download completed delete %user%.zip}
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:30:40 AM by bacter »
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Another small problem with the 'archivable' checkbox:

Inside one folder that has no permissions to archive nor to delete, you have some folders like A1,A2,A3..A8.
Only one of them (A3) has archivable attribute set.
In this case, the page shows only in the row of A3 a checkbox, but the page does not show ani 'Archive' button.

--> If the main shown mainfolder (the container of A1..A8) is not archivable, no checkbox should be shown.

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile

If the folder names contain spaces ... the selection is not archivable.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Another small problem with the 'archivable' checkbox:

Inside one folder that has no permissions to archive nor to delete, you have some folders like A1,A2,A3..A8.
Only one of them (A3) has archivable attribute set.
In this case, the page shows only in the row of A3 a checkbox, but the page does not show ani 'Archive' button.

--> If the main shown mainfolder (the container of A1..A8) is not archivable, no checkbox should be shown.

It is not already any more a problem for me because the solution was already in 224 that I had put on-line, 
It is in fact about an error of macro in the template

you can change inside the default tpl what is in blue

[special:begin]
{.set|folder archive|{.get|can archive.}.}

[item start]
  <tr><td>
  {.if|{.^folder archive.}{.get|can delete.}{.get|can archive.}| <input type='checkbox' name='selection' value="%item-url%"> .}
  {.if|{.get|is new.}|<span class='flag'>&nbsp;NEW&nbsp;</span>.}
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:25:20 AM by mars »

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Nice! Now I can begin working on a prototype of my new template idea. Or I can just update the current templates... depends on my motivation.

Can it be fixed so we don't have to do that mars?

We are trying to get our new website online by next Saturday... we are struggling to find the time. Sure I have plenty of time as I am unemployed but I am also having trouble at home... which is reducing my motivation to work on such things. I will post in our board about whats going on and the status of things.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:19:04 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It will be necessary to ask in rejetto if this type of modification of the code is sufficient(self-important)

else if p = 'can archive' then trueIf(assigned(md.f) and md.f.hasRecursive(FA_ARCHIVABLE) or (md.f = NIL) and md.archiveAvailable)

else if p = 'can archive' then trueIf(assigned(md.cd) and md.folder.hasRecursive(FA_ARCHIVABLE))     

In the meantime, my solution corrects this inconvenience, while leaving the available information ' can archive ' for an  item

In one of my version, I had introduced a differentiation to counter this problem
get|can ......     with the current folder
get item|can ....   with all the item

with something as

if name = 'get' then
   if name = 'get item' and not(md.folder=md.f) then
But it would have not enough success with rejetto

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:40:06 AM by mars »

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It is not already any more a problem for me because the solution was already in 224 that I had put on-line,

I'm happy to know that this is not a problem for you either, neither is it for me. But when I report problems, I do it to help rejetto to improve the template with the information, because I think the main version of program and standard template needs to be improved. I don't think that users should relay on 'better' parallel versions.

One thing more: in your solution you put your 'folder archive' in the [special:begin] section. I think this should be reserved for things that affect the whole behaviour of the template, and would place the settinge of the 'folder archive' in the head of the former [files] section, that is now where it's treated the folder header, aside the breadcrumbs thing.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

I'm happy to know that this is not a problem for you either, neither is it for me. But when I report problems, I do it to help rejetto to improve the template with the information, because I think the main version of program and standard template needs to be improved. I don't think that users should relay on 'better' parallel versions.

One thing more: in your solution you put your 'folder archive' in the [special:begin] section. I think this should be reserved for things that affect the whole behaviour of the template, and would place the settinge of the 'folder archive' in the head of the former [files] section, that is now where it's treated the folder header, aside the breadcrumbs thing.

I am saddened to disappoint you so, but you understood well the sense of the use of the section [special:begin] , she is for this type of action there, the solution is possible within the template, you should have read  my post last one to TSG; the other solution is to re-modify sources, and I do not believe that rejetto will agree for that. ;)

Somebody bring to light a problem, I bring a solution of repair and in more I almost am thrown(cast) ;D >:(

I don't think that users should relay on 'better' parallel versions.
I at least, there is a thing which I can claim, it is that I do not make that to indicate bugs in the versions, I bring not bad work since I am on the forum, displease those there who do not love to me. :-*
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:10:34 AM by mars »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
"Delete selected" and "archive" are in conflict, we must refresh the page to make them work separately.

it seems to be a problem with the javascript.
can you test this template and see if it solves?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Idea for a new option: with selected files 'create a list of selected files with their real path'! This would allow to create with the help of {.exec.} a batchfile to be used with 7zip (or some other program) to create a '%user%.zip.  In the template ther could be a line before files: ยจ{if |filelength %user%.zip|{:<a href... Your file is ready for download....} and in the event.script  some code {on download completed delete %user%.zip}

nice idea.
can't it already be done with this build?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If the folder names contain spaces ... the selection is not archivable.

i made several tests and found no way to reproduce this problem.
can you please be more specific?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you can change inside the default tpl what is in blue

it is true that this would solve.
but we must decide what we want, because that folder is actually archivable, and we can give an archive out of it by adding the button.
decision tree
- no checkbox, you must enter the folder to get the archive
- checkbox, or a link, and you can get archive without entering.

I'm quite undecided. Second is more poweful but can be also more confusing for the user.

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

it seems to be a problem with the javascript.
can you test this template and see if it solves?

This template works fine, no problems.