rejetto forum

allowed referer

Offline cartemem

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hello

I've Just Started using HFS software to provide direct links on my website for users to download
Any way let say My website is domain.com for example
and am using HFS on a dedicated server i linked the server IP to download.domain.com

i want the user to be able from my website only so no one can copy/past link from my website and put them somewhere else because they caused me
17TB bandwidth   in one day !  so i used allowed referer and i put My domain.com

the problem the post links are domain.com/%postname%  So The Links won't work and no one can download any ideas how to make this work please ?

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
I might have a solution, but it requires another computer....

In the windows server world, the "domain.com" is considered a PDC(Primary Domain Controller) a server that x and x domain for services...

You will need two machines! A PDC and the HFS server machine at download.domain.com

so your current website will be on one server the PDC "domain.com " and the HFS server will connect to the PDC and you can nat traffic on the local network so the HFS server talks to and works only for domain.com .... Thereby giving you download.domain.com not accessible via the web except through domain.com and tunneling....

that the only solution that comes to mind... good luck
exaple picture of a server setup via domains:
http://programming4.us/image/062011/Understanding%20Networking_2.jpg
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:17:35 AM by bmartino1 »
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
If your machine can handle it, i would open a virtual machine and nat the traffic, calling the virtual machine download.domain.com and have HFS run it it...
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline cartemem

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok thank you so much  :)

but i've stoped using your software a week ago because  sometimes in 3 horse or after a whol day the download and the website stops working
when i check the software i find him running fine but i have to close it and re-open it in order to work again

my server is
CPU I7
16GB rams
3 TB HDD

any help ???

Offline cartemem

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
btw i removed the whol theme and put only my website logo with empty page

so no one can see the files list  can that cause the problem

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
when it stops i would first check if the connection works locally, by browsing the file list on the same computer where HFS runs