rejetto forum

Testing build #225

rejetto · 44 · 25454

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
wow lots of feedback in so litle time.. I got hte 225 update just before going to bed.. long after the rooster barely earned his paycheck....

Rejetto: remember several builds back when I said I noticed an oddity in how the folder/files PROPERTIES page was acting weird.... well I have a whole new computer system, and totally different hardware.. and the same problem is back.... the 1st and 2nd tabs seems to BLUR into one another and I have to click on the 3rd properties tab to correct the visual problem.. its intermittent.. it doesnt always happen.. about 1 in 3 tries..

I use a program called NEOBOOK.... it has a similar issue ... IF the PADDING SPACE between the controls and the edge of the page are 1 or zero (pixels)... then the same overlapping occurs... set to 3 or 4 .. and its not a problem ... either that or its just not redrawing/refreshing right when the properties page is opened.

I am guessing this would be an MDI child of a parent page?

Offline r][m

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
- no checkbox, you must enter the folder to get the archive
I like to keep it simple for the users.  I think most would want to see whats in a folder before downloading.

My testing is very limited right now, (using my laptop) new computer hasn't arrived.
Is it possible to make the check boxes clear after download? They don't here, and
that causes a problem when another function like add folder is used after download.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:29:15 PM by r][m »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
One thing more: in your solution you put your 'folder archive' in the [special:begin] section. I think this should be reserved for things that affect the whole behaviour of the template, and would place the settinge of the 'folder archive' in the head of the former [files] section, that is now where it's treated the folder header, aside the breadcrumbs thing.

I am saddened to disappoint you so, but you understood well the sense of the use of the section [special:begin] , she is for this type of action there,

this was true.
[special:begin] can be very useful, and you may want to place instructions just near the part that will use them.
or you want to put instructions in a diff-tpl.
that's why i created the [+section] feature. so you can now use it more freely.

anyway, i think you are right with the need of a change in the macros, to not need to use [special:begin] for this case. i will opt for a solution.

consider that using [special:begin] is faster when you are listing all files in same folder (no search), because HFS will check permissions for user/folder only once.
folder permissions can be inherited. even accounts are inheriting now, with groups, so to check a permission is not extremely trivial.
anyway, i don't know if it is worth to use [special:begin], because i didn't benchmark.
a good guideline is "don't optimize what is not slow". ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Is it possible to make the check boxes clear after download? They don't here, and
that causes a problem when another function like add folder is used after download.

it can be done, but i'm not sure it's a good idea.
actually, it may have took time to select, and you may need that selection again.
consider that you can get the same result by clicking once or twice on the "All" checkbox.

anyway, if this behavior won't change in the default template but you will absolutely want it in yours, you can always slightly change the javascript.
you can copy the loop used by the "All" and add it to the archiving event.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

My question, will be wider, is it possible to refresh the contents of the web page when the download is ended, but with another section inside hfs [getpage('section')] ? If yes how do it?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I have been working on a slightly modified version of this selected items thing that I'm going place as an option on my current templates, it wont be there permanently, having alot of trouble styling the checkboxes... I cant get them aligned properly... so it can look hidious at times. I have at the moment got it working, but we are looking at making a new template with a combination of this feature and playlist, to create a media template. Because of this it will be there as an option in ToG and RAWR-Template.

I have a problem though. It works fine in a folder, I can select a couple, or all and it will create the archive. However if I go one level up, there is 8 folders, about 700mb total, the browser or hfs hangs. It will just sit there as if HFS is having trouble generating the archive.

Chat on msn if you want a link to try it out. Or maybe you can identify my problem...

I also have a problem with this:

Code: [Select]
<div class="module">
    <div class="modHeading">{.!lv_check.}</div>
    <div class="modContent">
    {.if|{.?updates.}|
        {:
        {.set|new_build|{.load|http://rawr-designs.com/updater.php?project=tog&ext=.txt.}.}
        <span>[{.!build.}]</span>{.!lv_currentBuild.}:<br/>
        <span>[{.^new_build.}]</span>{.!lv_latestBuild.}:
        <div class="divide">
            <center>
            <a href="http://rawr-designs.com/?page=tog" target="_blank">
            -
            {.if|{.{.^new_build.}={.!build.}.}|{.!lv_homepage.}|{.!lv_download.} {.^new_build.}.}
            -
            </a>
            </center>
        </div>
        :}
    |<center><a href="http://%host%%encoded-folder%?updates=1">- {.!lv_checkNow.} -</a></center>.}
    </div>
    </div>

It has been working fine since recent builds... maybe its the load macro?

Annnd finally, what was the fix you suggested for notifying a user that they need to upgrade their HFS? I will add it to these versions...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:03:06 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
If the folder names contain spaces ... the selection is not archivable.

i made several tests and found no way to reproduce this problem.
can you please be more specific?

Sorry to have you wasting time. I was a little fast to draw that conclusion.
In fact, it's an another problem:
I have a real folder (see image), which contains other real folders.
All are declared in the VFS as "browsable" and "archivable".

I can not select one or more of these folders for archive them ... when I click on the button, the hourglass appears and ... nothing happens.
By against, I can enter in one of these folders, make a selection of files, and archive them.

I note that the code of mars, included in my french build 224, works perfectly.
I am not saying this to irritate bacter, or anyone, I say this, simply to point out that in other circumstances that it works.
So, my settings seems correct, and that it can work.

So my questions are:

Should I take this as a bug?
Is that how you want this option run?
It's me which uses a bad setting?

"!"
In a real folder, with subfolders not declared directly in the VFS ... There are no problems.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:46:13 AM by SilentPliz »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
My question, will be wider, is it possible to refresh the contents of the web page when the download is ended, but with another section inside hfs [getpage('section')] ? If yes how do it?

officially not, and i know now way of doing it.
you make a request, if your reply is a file to download, you cannot reply anything else more. one request, one reply.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Rejetto: remember several builds back when I said I noticed an oddity in how the folder/files PROPERTIES page was acting weird.... well I have a whole new computer system, and totally different hardware.. and the same problem is back.... the 1st and 2nd tabs seems to BLUR into one another and I have to click on the 3rd properties tab to correct the visual problem.. its intermittent.. it doesnt always happen.. about 1 in 3 tries..

i think a screen shot is better... ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I have a problem though. It works fine in a folder, I can select a couple, or all and it will create the archive. However if I go one level up, there is 8 folders, about 700mb total, the browser or hfs hangs. It will just sit there as if HFS is having trouble generating the archive.

what's happening in the while? is HFS stuck? does it respond to clicks? is the CPU kept busy? is the hard disk busy?

It has been working fine since recent builds... maybe its the load macro?

ok, i investigated on your problem, and found it stopped working in october, not very recently. ;)
it's about the introduction of named parameters in macro language.
since your url contains the = sign, used to name=value a parameter, HFS gets confused.
it's mainly because i decided that the file/url would be optionally specified with the name "file"
{.load|file=yoururl.}
so, there are 2 solutions to this
1. you specify file= before the url. (your job)
2. i make the file to not be a named parameter, and fixed to first position in parameters list. (my job)

In this case, since {.load.} seems to totally rely on the file to be loaded, i think it's ok that i make the parameters fixed (solution #2). From next build.
This mean that only {.load.} is changing, while in other cases you may face this same problem (the equal sign). But i hope i will be here to help. ;)

Annnd finally, what was the fix you suggested for notifying a user that they need to upgrade their HFS? I will add it to these versions...

i don't remember exactly
i guess it was something like
{.comment|<h1>Please upgrade to <a href='link'>2.3</a></h1><!--.}
test and improve it

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Should I take this as a bug?

i guess it is, since TSG reported something similar.
can you please find a simple way to make me reproduce it?

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
I think I just found how to reproduce the bug:
We return to spacebar.  ;)

1)

Create a real folder with spaces.

Then create in it some real subfolders (with datas inside) with or without spaces.

2)

Charge them all 1 by 1 in the VFS

Properties... for all:

Browsable - Archivable

3)

Attempt to archive a subfolder.

I feel less guilty for my first message. ;)  :D

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:00:19 PM by SilentPliz »

Offline r][m

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
actually, it may have took time to select, and you may need that selection again.
consider that you can get the same result by clicking once or twice on the "All" checkbox.
I can't see a reason why a user would need to use that selection again? Not likely they'd
download the same selection again, and not likely they'd use it to delete what they just downloaded.
Any other action on the page/folder starts the same download again.
Very confusing/frustrating for users, and requires instruction on the page.
Clicking once or twice on the "all" checkbox does clear the check boxes here, but any other action
on the page starts the download again anyway.
Only refreshing the page prevents it from starting again.
you can always slightly change the javascript. you can copy the loop used by the "All" and add it to the archiving event.
That solution is beyond me.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:00:46 PM by r][m »

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

i think a screen shot is better... ;)

I'll see what I can do about capturing the glitch whenit shows up again