rejetto forum

Bug with HFS 2.2 b120 when adding multiple Files via explorer shell?

Guest · 6 · 3974

McConnor

Hi there,

Thanks for the amazing HFS Fileserver. Its running constantly on my system and is used quite some time. I recently discoverd that on my system HFS 2.2 b120 causes an error when trying to add multiple selected files via explorer (add to HFS) shell extension. In that case the explorer would pop up an request to move the selected files. Aborting that request causes the explorer to crash, accepting and choosing an directory moves the files correctly but wont add them to HFS. When selecting only one file everything works like a charm.

WinXP Pro SP2 Updates till roughly 12/06

Greetings

McConnor

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i will test it soon.
in the while, you may

- try a new unofficial build www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs123.exe and see if your problem is already solved

- backup your settings (save options -> to file), clear your options (rename hfs.ini to hfs.ini.bak while HFS is not running) and see if the problem is related to your settings

McConnor

Hello rejetto,

Neither of the proposals gets me rid of the odd behaviour described above. Propably not solved up to now (2.2 Build 124). Keep up the excellent work on this.

Greetings from Germany

McConnor

McConnor

Hi rejetto,

Unfortunately everything is still like before  :( The explorer still wants to move the files I wont to add to hfs.... (Beta 126). If there is anything specific you want me to test drop me a note.

Greetings,

McConnor

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i also experience this prob too, but at least my explorer never crash if i cancel. do you get the copy/move thing only when try add multiple file, but not if u add single file? because i got that both way.

however i wonder if this prob cause by hfs. i have keyboard with play button for music player on it. if im working with explorer let say at that time i selecting a few file and i press that play/pause button, the same copy/move dialog appear. this make me think the problem is explorer itself.. i havent install any driver for the keybod