rejetto forum

Alert on connection

Foggy · 13 · 4020

Poll

Should HFS be changed so that the taskbar doesnt flash when hfs is the active window?

Yes
1 (9.1%)
No
1 (9.1%)
Don't Know...Dont Care
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I didnt know whether to class this as a bug or not so you can move it if you wish.

Its good how Hfs flashes the taskbar when a new connection is made but should it flash the taskbar when hfs is the active window. I just dont really see the point in that as you can see the connections list. But more to the point when the taskbar flashes and hfs is the active window if you keep using hfs it doesnt return to normal and you must click on it which then minimises it.

I can see 2 possible fixes for this
a)The taskbar doesnt flash when hfs is the active window.
or
b)The taskbar flashes when hfs is the active window but when you perform an action in hfs the taskbar returns to normal.

What does everyone else think of this?

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
That behavior doesn't bother me.
maverick

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
That behavior doesn't bother me.
me either, but it shouldn't be that way. i think there are still peoples who dont like this thing. foggy's right

Offline Michel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I agree with Foggy.
------------------
Best regards,
Michel

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
a) i could apply this solution only if accepted by a large majority
b) this can't be done, AFAIK. this is the standard Windows behaviour and cannot be modified. let me know if i'm wrong.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
dont bother, not a big deal anyway.. hehe

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Its good how Hfs flashes the taskbar when a new connection is made

It does? O.o

until now i didnt even knew the taskbar flashed :P So i would have to agree with Maverick (that does not mean i have anything against changing it)

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I agree with the majority of people that this isnt an important issue, but I posted it anyway to see what everyone else thought of it because although it isnt terribly important I think that it should be that the taskbar doesnt flash when hfs is the active window.
ill add a poll to my first post to see what everyone thinks should happen.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, im gonna see whether this thing going to make me mad or not.. hehe.. ill post my vote tonight

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I agree with maverick... we should be focusing on making HFS as stable as possible, lets get rid of these Access Violations and other major bugs people are finding.

Small things like this can be fixed later.

I'd like to see the to-do list get smaller before small things like this are worried about :P

http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=todo

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I agree with maverick... we should be focusing on making HFS as stable as possible, lets get rid of these Access Violations and other major bugs people are finding.

Small things like this can be fixed later.

I'd like to see the to-do list get smaller before small things like this are worried about :P

http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=todo
that sounds entirely reasonable, I say just put it on the todo list and think about it again in a few months?

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
I agree with maverick... we should be focusing on making HFS as stable as possible, lets get rid of these Access Violations

Are people getting access violations?  I haven't see one for a while now. (many builds ago).
maverick