rejetto forum

Request

TCube · 8 · 3969

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Salut,

Rejetto [in particular] would U mind considering these NEW fonctions soon ?

- [feature] "upload fails if there's more than X megabytes in this folder". (i.e security)
- [feature] "option to display counter for folders as number of accesses instead of total access to files in it" (i.e image gallery)
- [feature] "keeping the date of the last "access" to a file/folder" (i.e links)

Merci Rejetto
TCube
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:13:47 AM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
'lut!

- [feature] "upload fails if there's more than X megabytes in this folder". (i.e security)

Just got HFS running on a small USB key for someone and that feature would help also. Thks
TCube
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:14:05 AM by TCube »

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Tcube:

You have two workarounds to limit upload.

1. If you want disallow upload if a folder uses more than xxxxxxx bytes, you can use a macro-condition to disable the unload-button comparing your maximum-value with %total-size%(or %total-bytes%, %total-kbytes%) 
-> {.if|{.>|maximum-value|%total-bytes%|.}| ...display the uploadlink .. .}
2. If you want to disallow upload if there is less than xxxxxx bytes on disk available, you can use another macro:
-->{.if|{.<|minimum-available|%disk-free%|.}| ...display the uploadlink .. .}

The only problem with this is, that you have no control about the filesize of files to be uploaded in the uploadform, so you must assign a topvalue high enough to allow normal upload:
If you expect people to upload files of about nnnMBytes, you must have a free-space at least the-number-of-files in your upload-form multiplied by nnnMbytes. If you expect big files, use an upload-form that allows only 1 file at time.

your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Salut,

Considering "limit upload" only purpose is for a 2 Go USB card thus I'm using "Min Disk Space" and that solves this peculiar pblm.

Still, that gives out some funny results on 2 Go USB [see att. below %diskfree% display on main-page & upload-page]. So the uploader has no way to know how much space disk is allowed for upload [the result in fact is : "Used" - "Min Disk Space" = "Free 1.71 Go"].

Quick fix is to leave a text message "Warning" ["your upolad will fail if it's more than 100Mo"].
A long way from having upload limits personnalized to 1 user/1 upload folder ... but's ok  ;)
TCube

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:18:10 AM by TCube »

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
'lut !

Must be something wrong 'cause i've tried on HFS release 184 & 185 - unknown user or registered one - comments or no comments [unattented 185], and it's seems that giving an "Min Disk Space" sets all uploads to failure when HFS on a USB card

Not such on HDD - should this be confirm as a bug ...  ?

>:(

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
usb card = usb flash drive ?
i will test with an USB flash drive ASAP

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Salut Rejetto !