rejetto forum

my search doesn`t work

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i didn't miss your post, it's just taking a lot of time to reply you all.
i have a long queue since i was away for a month!
but i may eventually lose a post or two  :P so if it won't be answered in a while, you can try to repropose it. 

download @ www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs220.exe

what's new
- security fix: groups were allowed to login http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6550.msg1039964#msg1039964
- setting same name for 2 accounts was not prevented http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6550.msg1039964#msg1039964
- there was a problem that prevented usage of telnet www.rejetto.com/forum/?topic=6517
- some problems with diff tpl www.rejetto.com/forum/?topic=6508
- {.set item.} was not accepting @special usernames http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6097.msg1039938#msg1039938
- permissions were not correctly inherited and displayed in hints www.rejetto.com/forum/?topic=6504
- ugly bug of the default template on uploads http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6484.msg1039325#msg1039325
- blank spaces prevented {.set item.} to recognize accounts http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6484.msg1039628#msg1039628
- problems after closing "manage accounts" in file properties

Hi Rejetto! I want asked again, and please help for my quest...
I work in windows xp sp2 pro, and now i work in windows vista x64 ultimate...

My search in HFS v213...v220 NOT worked... :(:(

I tape in my search form text, russ symbols or eng symbols, search not
result... :(:( I come in to the dir in HFS my site, read dir name and tape
name in search form, press in search and NOT result again... :(:(

Please, help, why search not working on my HFS site? Search very need for me! Thanks!
Pleasy wrote in to my email: alex-pebody@yandex.ru, say your real ip and i give to you
access for view my site realy... Very thanks!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:11:09 PM by AlexPebody »

Offline Kremlin

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Have you deactivated recursive listing by mistake? My template works fine in 220 so I sugest you review your HFS settings and template configuration.

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Have you deactivated recursive listing by mistake? My template works fine in 220 so I sugest you review your HFS settings and template configuration.

Thanks for your help, but i don't know this settings... :(
I attached my seting *.ini file from my HFS v220 server,
please say to me, what i do for search function is good?

file:

hfs.ini.txt (attached in end of this post...)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:37:25 PM by rejetto »

Offline Kremlin

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
recursive-listing=no <-- this should be yes

Recursive listing allows you to search the entire HFS file tree and not only the files in the current folder you did your search, that's probably why the search won't show any results.

Menu > Virtual File Systems > Enable recursive listing

Hope it works, otherwise compare your search code from your template to others like ToG etc.. and see what's different.

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
recursive-listing=no <-- this should be yes

Recursive listing allows you to search the entire HFS file tree and not only the files in the current folder you did your search, that's probably why the search won't show any results.

Menu > Virtual File Systems > Enable recursive listing

Hope it works, otherwise compare your search code from your template to others like ToG etc.. and see what's different.

OOO!!! :):) It's good to work!!! :):) Very thanks, search is WORKED!!!
OK, tell me please, how HFS server make work fast???
Fast listing and searching, and fast complete many users follow...???

I have PC: CPU 2400 Core 2 Quad and 8GB DDR2 memory..., my hdd work at sata 2 mode,
but HFS work so slow... :(:( What i do to make HFS fast???

And more... Please what in my settings file make correct, for my HFS work fast?

Thanks!

Offline Kremlin

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
HFS mainly slows down in the use of recursive archiving (those damn *.tar files :P) disabling that would be a good step because abusive archiving may make your server slow down and even crash. To do so you should edit the template yourself (this may required a little bit experience with html, but not too much). Other than that you should probably..

Activate:
Compressed Browsing
Persistent Connections
Specific HTML Template for Download Managers
Experimental High Speed Handling

Deactivate:
Preevent Leeching (download accelerators)

In the end, there are several things you can do to adapt your HFS configurations to the resources the server possesses. I encourage anyone who wants to do so to browse the wiki links so that they understand what each option actually does (and not simply guess).

PS. the wiki links are somewhere in the forum, just search for them..

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Very THANKS for all helps, i worked in my HFS server and your help settings very well for my wprk!!! :):)

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
HFS mainly slows down in the use of recursive archiving (those damn *.tar files :P) disabling that would be a good step because abusive archiving may make your server slow down and even crash. To do so you should edit the template yourself (this may required a little bit experience with html, but not too much). Other than that you should probably..

Activate:
Compressed Browsing
Persistent Connections
Specific HTML Template for Download Managers
Experimental High Speed Handling

Deactivate:

In the end, there are several things you can do to adapt your HFS configurations to the resources the server possesses. I encourage anyone who wants to do so to browse the wiki links so that they understand what each option actually does (and not simply guess).

PS. the wiki links are somewhere in the forum, just search for them..

Last quest... :):)

Activate:
Compressed Browsing - done, setting understand
Persistent Connections - done, setting NOT understand, why this option?
Specific HTML Template for Download Managers - done, setting NOT understand, why this option?
Experimental High Speed Handling - NOT find in HFS, setting NOT understand, why this option?

Deactivate:
Preevent Leeching (download accelerators) - done, setting NOT understand, why this option?

And i don't find, where disable *.tar archiv option? :)

Please tell me for my questions, thanks!!!

And, my other options in attached file, was good? :):)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:04:19 AM by AlexPebody »

Offline Kremlin

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
http://www.rejetto.com/wiki/index.php/HFS_Documentation_(English)

This is the link to the wiki's (english version)

I suggest new users read it to comprehend better HFS and it's functions.

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
http://www.rejetto.com/wiki/index.php/HFS_Documentation_(English)

This is the link to the wiki's (english version)

I suggest new users read it to comprehend better HFS and it's functions.

Thanks!

Offline AlexPebody

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi again... Please any body, tell me, what this functionin HFS???

What HFS downloads think? Downloads files or downloads images...
Users connected and HFS gives them Template images and other data, this is downloads?,
or downloads this is if user take files from HFS server site? What HFS is DOWNLOADS...? :):)

Then, what HFS functions doing?

Max simultaneous downloads - this all downloads files or connections?
Max simultaneous downloads from single address - ok, this downloads files or connections from 1 ip addr?
Max simultaneous addresses - this func, how many addr can connected in to site, or doenloads data?
Max simultaneous addresses downloading - this func, how many addr can downloads from site?

And more quest...
I enabled settings of: persistent connections in HFS menu, than, in listed connections, ip addr of users stay in list many time, it's normal, becose if this mode will be disabled, my users connections in site and serer gift them data at first time and end...???

And last quest...
My HFS in left bottom corner (status line) show me that: Connections 7/2 - what is it?

Thanks! Please excuse me my english... :):)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 02:08:05 PM by AlexPebody »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
HFS mainly slows down in the use of recursive archiving (those damn *.tar files :P)

recursive listing is used also for file listing and search.

disabling that would be a good step because abusive archiving may make your server slow down and even crash.

you just told him how to enable it, and are already suggesting to disable it :D
recursion is heavy, yes, but not the archiving itself.
removing archive won't remove all recursion usage. (as above)

To do so you should edit the template yourself (this may required a little bit experience with html, but not too much).

NO! This is a bad method. Expert people will still be able to download archives.
If you want to disable archives you must disable the "archivable" on the root of your VFS.

Deactivate:

i don't see how this will speed up HFS.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
And i don't find, where disable *.tar archiv option? :)

see my post above to kremlin

And, my other options in attached file, was good? :):)

I removed it, because it contains your passwords.
They are not clear text, but any techie will be able to decipher them.
My advice is: change your HFS passwords soon.
For the future: when you have to show your options, use the "Show customized options" in "debug" menu.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
What HFS downloads think? Downloads files or downloads images...

although images and pages are actually downloaded, most times HFS use the term "download" for the files you are sharing.
So, the option to get an icon for each download will not show an icon when you are just browsing through the files.
You can customize this behavior by the "Don't consider as downloads" option.

>  Max simultaneous downloads - this all downloads files or connections?

i don't understand the question. every download is a connection.
the software you are using to translate to english has very bad output. hard to understand. consider asking in russian in "other languages" forum.

> Max simultaneous downloads from single address - ok, this downloads files or connections from 1 ip addr?

yes

> Max simultaneous addresses - this func, how many addr can connected in to site, or doenloads data?

any connection

> Max simultaneous addresses downloading - this func, how many addr can downloads from site?

uh, yes

I enabled settings of: persistent connections in HFS menu, than, in listed connections, ip addr of users stay in list many time, it's normal, becose if this mode will be disabled, my users connections in site and serer gift them data at first time and end...???

don't understand

My HFS in left bottom corner (status line) show me that: Connections 7/2 - what is it?

the second is the number of different IP addresses