rejetto forum

Feature Request

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Hey Rejetto,

Could a 'Overwrite Files' checkbox be added to the uploads context menu above 'Upload for Users' link
that would make all uploaded files with the same name as files already in that folder overwrite the file
instead of rename the file being uploaded?

Also, could 'allow archived downloading' checkbox be made for all folders that would allow/disallow
those folders to be archive downloaded? Maybe also an 'ignore archive rules' option for users?

Thanks

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Could a 'Overwrite Files' checkbox be added to the uploads context menu above 'Upload for Users' link
that would make all uploaded files with the same name as files already in that folder overwrite the file
instead of rename the file being uploaded?

By default, hfs overwrites duplicate uploaded files.  However, this behavior can be changed by going to the options in Menu -> Upload

maverick

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Unfortunately this doesn't allow for much flexability. For security purposes, you'd have it set to
not overwrite, but it's currently an all or nothing decision. Both TSG and I recently wanted to
overwrite files in a certain folder of our HFS's but couldn't due to fear of our designated global
uploads folders being completely vulnerable. Our only alternative was to either use a different
program to upload the files :S

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hmm, ok, but i would let this option to HFS 3, for usability matters

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Change 'No Download' button to an 'Allow downloads for' list. This is to that you can allow
uploads for accounts that you don't want downloading WHILE allowing certain users
to download.

An example
Allow downloads for 3/5 users.
Allow uploads for 5/5 users.

At the moment you can only allow everyone or noone to download from a folder. It's a
flexability issue.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
GOOD idea, i support it with chocolate, dunno why... just felt chocolate was most appropriate, that, or monkeys...

You could just do this with accounts and logins, but, it would be cool to restrict the amount of people allowed in a certain directory and reduce the load on that directory for the server.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 01:10:57 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
How about adding a 'Locate File' option to the right click of file transfers in the bottom section of HFS
as people are downloading them? I know the option is currently available on the left but that doesn't
really help when you have a real folder that contains heaps of subfolders and hundreds of files.

'Locate File' would open windows explorer with that file selected (rather than just executing the file).

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Could a 'Overwrite Files' checkbox be added to the uploads context menu
That is close(enough) to delete files, true HFS. Cause you cant delete anything as a login-user in hfs, can you..?

By default, hfs overwrites duplicate uploaded files.
How duplicate? Duplicate as in name and size, or duplicate as fingerprint/hash?

'Locate File' would open windows explorer with that file selected (rather than just executing the file).
When that is happen... That`s what i would call a REAL network  ;)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
I try TSG, i try, there is so much info, my head spins sometimes..
Can you please answer that maverick qoute..?

Or, please answer this:
If i test this myself between two computers in my LAN, would that be as good as testing it on WAN (true the web)
Simple yes or no will do..
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
lol all posts above Flynsarmy's recent one are like a year old.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
lol that is f@$k!u6 true my man. I did NOT notice. That is unbeliveble.... Im not Terminator, i`m Mad Max ²
That_Stevens_Guy!! YOU HAVE NOT TOLD ME KARNIVOOL HAVE RELEASED A NEW SINGLE!!
Its so beautyful im gonna cry
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND