rejetto forum

Some help with templates please

henkos · 11 · 5538

Offline henkos

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello,my name is Henk and iám new here.
First of all,i hope you understand my English that not so good(i'am from Holland)
I'll try to change my template,and before i ask this question i search the forum and the
tutorials,bud still cannot find anything about it.Now my question.

This is what i found by templates download area:

"After you have downloaded and unzipped the files, do the following to make everything work correctly:

Place the files "Kule.org.uk HFS Template.tpl" and "favicon.icon" into the folder "HFS/Templates".
Add the folder "img" (and its contents) to the folder "HFS".
Add the folder "HFS/img" to the vfs. To do this, right-click in the HFS Virtual File System window and click "Add folder from disk" with "HFS/img" as the selected target.
In HFS, select "Edit HTML template" and follow the usual process described above under Example 01. "

But where is the folder "HFS/Templates".  And the folder "HFS".

Hope you will help me,thanks a lot in advance.

Greets Henk

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

You should try to contact whoever wrote those instructions to give you a better explanation.   Where did you get it from?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:22:17 PM by maverick »
maverick

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

I was wondering when the wiki was going to cause questions like that.

I think that is the same template as shown in Example 4.  Example 2 says the name is KuleServer but the forum search function doesn't get any hits.

If it is actually the template shown in Example 4, go to this thread.   Ask your questions there and somebody should be able to help you.

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=aef6d7e02b414140dff3f67eed1ec91c&topic=3639.0
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:41:10 PM by maverick »
maverick

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
i guess that he is confused about the mod-version of some templates, since no-template is copyright, all of theya re free to change and mod, but the maker of the moded version could put on his template, a mention to where it was the original idea of it...
like so many versions of the black template http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=1750.msg1016795#msg1016795 , or the numerous versions of the al dam good template http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=1750.msg1016798#msg1016798

well guys, or you do make a really new template and call it yours, or mod some template, and tell us from where it comes
it is just a suggestion

Don´t you all agree that we are a little full of mods that are just a change of collors and size of the ones that we already saw here?

come on guys, i know that you all know how to do more and better than this....
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ye, i agree with ledufe on that one, there is way to many mods on existing templates, i mean i used the black template to get me started on the Thunderchicken_of_Glory, but with whats left of it, the black template is basically non existent in the final product of the template. The only thing that gives it away from its heritage is the upload/progress sections of the template, because i felt that these were already very nicely done.

But i also have to say that making an entirely new template is a challenge, especially for a newbie, when i first started with HFS i made the Orange/Blue template which was the black template with some heavy modifications.

But in all of my modified templates i have stated where its heritage came from and given respect to the author. I do not like it when people create a copied template and simply say it is "their" new template, and i hope that the templates i build, will never have this happen  ;D, if it does, then shame on them. SHAME! we dont put all the effort into layouts for nothing, we deserve some respect don't we?

Also, why is this post in 2 forums, thats just confusing ....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:19:47 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline henkos

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yes Sorry i l put it in the wrong section!

And i will try to download some other templates,mayby the are not that difficult.
Thanks a lot for your reply's.

Greets Henk

Offline herbiman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It's totally my fault that this error occurred in the wiki.

I think my mistake was assuming readers would first read the section on "HTML Editor and Templates"; but of course there's no reason that they should. I've attempted to fix this.

Each template in the gallery is accompanied by a link to the specific version that is illustrated. All these templates, including "Kule.org.uk HFS Template.tpl"
are hosted in the "Template Repository" (there's a general link to that as well). Where possible, credit to the originator is given.

Personally, I don't think it's that important that the documentation has mistakes. (Indeed, I think errors are inevitable.) What does matter is that the doc. is tested and mistakes quickly corrected.

I would stress however, that anybody can write in the wiki, and anybody can correct it.

Offline henkos

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Oke,please corect me if i am wrong,but i only will use the templates for my own use,not to take credits
of making it myself.(wish i could)

But still i have the problem to not now where to put the file's.
I replaced the default file for  the Kule.org.uk HFS Template.tpl but no picture's or logo's are vieuwd
in my browser.Please don't be angry on me,iám just a beginner ???

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yes i believe the Kule and HFS Live templates are very complex to implement, especially for newbies, try something simpler at first then work your way up to those sorts of templates. I tried using external files on my template, but i had this problem of people not knowing how to implement it the way i do. So the final version was made into a single file that users could simply import into the HFS template editor. For direct help on these templates you will need someone that has used the template themselves methinks.

But from looking at the instructions that you put here, it seems that on top of the HFS virtual file system, you have to set up a folder like this HFS > img, (img has all images in it) and with the other files it looks like they all simply lay in the HFS folder alongside the img folder, thats about as much help as i can give for this template.

Offline henkos

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yessss ;D  Thanks a lot.It works fine.Now i understand where the folders must stay.
Thank you all.See you next time

Henk