rejetto forum

version 2.4

rejetto · 474 · 310028

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
Bug v2.4-rc07

When to Enable Anyone Upload Feature, and test files upload, not show upload progress bar.

But, I using v2.4-rc06 to v2.4-rc01, It works.

It's because in HFS 2.4 RC7 its template is removing JQuery dependency, and some features doesn't work properly after that.
It's been reported here

So, it's not a problem of HFS itself, but the default template :)
If you need upload work, you can change the template to RC6's one or those by the community.
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline ivominchev

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am using v 2.4 RC7 on Windows 19 20h2. With no reason the HFS crashes by itself. Looks like it is on every 5 minutes. I checked the Event Viewer - nothing there.
Please help!

Offline vladimirov70

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Honest news about a special military operation in Ukraine.
Hello everyone ! In version 2.4.0 RC6, an IP address of the form http://[fe80::2905:9029:e7c9:f31e] is available. When trying to use it to access the server, external users receive a response: "Unable to access the site.". If you use my external address http://188.168.56.22 , the server is available to everyone. Question: An address  of this kind [fe80::2905:9029:e7c9:f31e] is not intended for external users, or have I configured something wrong? Thank you.
Ukraine has been killing thousands civilians in Donbass for eight years. Ukraine killed 152 children and wounded 146. Russia does not start wars - it ends them.http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/220501/9d838wOcqM.jpg

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
Question: An address  of this kind [fe80::2905:9029:e7c9:f31e] is not intended for external users, or have I configured something wrong? Thank you.
Yes, ipv6 FE80::/10 addresses are belong to LAN, not intended for external users.
Also, you can consult the Internet to know if that ipv6 is supported for your ISP. If not, then viewing your HFS server with ipv6 is not possible.
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline vladimirov70

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yes, ipv6 FE80::/10 addresses are belong to LAN, not intended for external users.
Also, you can consult the Internet to know if that ipv6 is supported for your ISP. If not, then viewing your HFS server with ipv6 is not possible.

Thanks!
Ukraine has been killing thousands civilians in Donbass for eight years. Ukraine killed 152 children and wounded 146. Russia does not start wars - it ends them.http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/220501/9d838wOcqM.jpg

Offline Tsuna

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am using v 2.4 RC7 on Windows 19 20h2. With no reason the HFS crashes by itself. Looks like it is on every 5 minutes. I checked the Event Viewer - nothing there.
Please help!

Same issue, I run this on 5 diff windows servers - the latest RC7 is the only one that is passing real IP of the user through my proxy
However, randomly - it just stops taking new connections, switching the server off and then on fixes it, i couldn't find why this happens and had to resort to run a script that checks 24x7 if hfs is not accepting downloads and kills it and runs it again.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi guys, I'm at the moment unable to work on hfs 2.*, as necessary tools are not working correctly.
Exactly these days I was testing proxy functionality for next release of HFS 3.
Would you try that?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
released just now
https://github.com/rejetto/hfs/releases/tag/v0.15.0

if you need support on setting it up, feel free to contact me on telegram, with this same nickname

Offline Tsuna

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hi guys, I'm at the moment unable to work on hfs 2.*, as necessary tools are not working correctly.
Exactly these days I was testing proxy functionality for next release of HFS 3.
Would you try that?

Absolutely open for testing and bug reporting.
Our current issues with HFS are
- Proxied download doesn't provide real IP often, which is why speed limits can't work
- On a busy server HFS just randomly dies x_x where noone can't connect but turn it off and on and it's all good
- Sometimes it forgets the VFS and is sitting there all blank with my only folder not added
- Command line switch to turn HFS off gives a visual prompt of "there are x active connections would you like to close them too y/n" and this popup stays on HFS, so keep turning it off and on via command like and you have a staircase.

Either way, would we happy to test the version 3 with you actively and report issues and updates.

How do I signup for this? (There isn't a repo on GitHub saying HFS3)

Offline Tsuna

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
released just now
https://github.com/rejetto/hfs/releases/tag/v0.15.0

if you need support on setting it up, feel free to contact me on telegram, with this same nickname

I'll drop you a ping now on Telegram as I am forever active there.
Will look into the GitHub release tonight and keep you posted.

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
The HFS 2 "dying" problem is around there long time ago,
it's (very likely) just because the application structure of underlying tech (delphi) that's not suitable for a server.
Many people are thinking or complaining, but the truth is that it can't be fixed easily on HFS 2 itself :'(

Few days ago I come up an idea about a small middleware for HFS 2, that can have additional features on server regulation.

In my mind it can, for example, when a file is requested, send the file by itself while let HFS rest & just do lightweight jobs (then proxy though the middleware).
(Note: just big network flow would stuck HFS)
And also something like page caching, along with many more tricks... ::)
Of course permissions are obeyed, the main role is still HFS :D it's behavior is totally controlled by HFS (with event script, I think)

While everybody use HFS for it's simplicity, a silent and friendly middleware won't trouble much, right? :)

The sad side is I've promised to 2 long-term development things and I'm unable to make it in a short period :(
Let me meet a chance and pick some time to try it...
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline Tsuna

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The HFS 2 "dying" problem is around there long time ago,
it's (very likely) just because the application structure of underlying tech (delphi) that's not suitable for a server.
Many people are thinking or complaining, but the truth is that it can't be fixed easily on HFS 2 itself :'(

Few days ago I come up an idea about a small middleware for HFS 2, that can have additional features on server regulation.

In my mind it can, for example, when a file is requested, send the file by itself while let HFS rest & just do lightweight jobs (then proxy though the middleware).
(Note: just big network flow would stuck HFS)
And also something like page caching, along with many more tricks... ::)
Of course permissions are obeyed, the main role is still HFS :D it's behavior is totally controlled by HFS (with event script, I think)

While everybody use HFS for it's simplicity, a silent and friendly middleware won't trouble much, right? :)

The sad side is I've promised to 2 long-term development things and I'm unable to make it in a short period :(
Let me meet a chance and pick some time to try it...

Rejetto is working on HFS (it's a new remake with the goal to surpass the current one)
Might wanna assist on that infact.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
my opinion is that hfs 2 makes sense only for occasional usage, it was not designed from the beginning to be always-running.
hfs 3 is already superior for this latter case. Later i hope it will also be better for the former.

Offline vladimirov70

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
my opinion is that hfs 2 makes sense only for occasional usage, it was not designed from the beginning to be always-running.
hfs 3 is already superior for this latter case. Later i hope it will also be better for the former.
If I made a mistake with the branch, please move this post to the right one. Good HFS 3.0 interface, thanks). But the files are not downloading yet. Windows 10. Browsers Brave, Komodo, Yandex. Screen recording link. https://vidio.blog/v/lv6YKZ

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok, so the problem here is
1. the icon is misleading, making you think it's to be clicked. It's not, it's decorative. I will see what to do about it, possibly remove it.
2. the pictures are displayed. I thought it was good, and people wanted to download could do it by saving/right clicking, but if this is not clear enough it's not good. So, i should change the default behaviour for this.