Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
includeFilesFromDisk();
  includeItemsFromVFS();

why not an   includeFilesFromTar();

into MENU-->Virtual File System--> View TAR files as Folder

When the option is activated, a file TAR is seen by its real name and crossed as a folder (the file is not expanded on the hard disk), by using  ~folder.tar, a tranfert simple of file is made. then you can in a folder having a lot of tar files and see them as folders

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
why don't you just expand the tar instead?

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
because some file can have virus or troyan and can be directly executed by error

I prefer this possibility, this is an option that administrator can activate or not

It is to me more logic that and account can see what is in an archive tar as a folder and not that a file can be expanded on my computer with how many sub folders wich can  saturate a hard drive

if you want I can create an exe autoextract with full surprises and send you it

(no virus ,no troyan, just full off icon on your desktop..) It is very funny to have to eliminate 500 or 1000 icons on your desktop ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:08:28 PM by mars »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
because some file can have virus or troyan and can be directly executed by error

Can you explain how such feature will protect you from viruses?

It is to me more logic that and account can see what is in an archive tar as a folder and not that a file can be expanded on my computer with how many sub folders wich can  saturate a hard drive

sure, i guess in few cases it can be handy.
but it would take time, and i don't think to consider it before 2010 since our current to-do-list.