rejetto forum

Problem whit larger files

Guest · 9 · 3034

Chazz-bg

I found a problem whit larger files , if someone starts to download a file bigger than ~500 MB , the download  just stop after few minutes , i'm talking about v2.1d

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
could you please be more specific, whats recorded in the log when it stops? what client is being used to download the file? Do smaller files work? do you have any antivirus/firewall stopping HFS? Did it occur when downloading locally on same computer/network or over the internet? anything else you could think that could be of any help.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
on how many different computers was made the download test?

Chazz-bg

it just stops ,
Example:
18:44:01 <IP ADDRESS>:<port> Requested GET /File.iso , and there appears icon in the system tray ,that shows the download progress , and after few minutes , the icon dissapears ,whitout leave message in the log , and the man that is downloading the file , tell me that the download is stoped ( i just forgot  to ask him for details - time after the dwonload is stoped, or size that is downloaded ) , is downloaded via Internet explorer 6.0 , there  is no problem whit files about 40...50...300 MB large . I don't have that problem when i tryed to download ~700 MB File localy , but my friends from Local network have problems whit larger files .I Use Kaspesky Internet Security 7.0 , but i add the hfs.exe into the firewall exceptions

P.S>I'm sorry if there is mistakes in the text above , but the english gramar isn't my best  ::)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
please answer my question also, and... you can know more by right clicking on the log -> log what -> disconnection

Chazz-bg

on how many different computers was made the download test?
well , i tried on 3-4 computers ,
my friend says that , the download just stops , the window whit progress , does not dissapear , just stand on 15% and don't move anywhere

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
does it always stop on 15% or is it different everytime?
You were transfering it over a LAN?
If you can get the log to show disconnections and post it here that would help.
right click on the log -> log what -> disconnections

also when it stops what does the current connections box show? is the connection still there or is it gone? if its still there what is the status and speed?

Chazz-bg

Yes , i'm testing this over LAN ,
but today  i make a few tests , and all were sucsesful  :o , i just can't say anything  more :|

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Yes , i'm testing this over LAN ,
but today  i make a few tests , and all were sucsesful  :o , i just can't say anything  more :|
Glad its working now.