rejetto forum

Suggestions: Hierarchical groups and multigroup contacts...

maxy_v · 5 · 4018

Offline maxy_v

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It would be great to have following features implemented:
1. Ability to add contacts to many groups. Suppose you have a coworker friend contact. So it would be great to have this contact in both groups: "coworkers" and "friends". It's especially useful when you plan to send message to group etc.
2. Ability to have subgroups and subgroups to subgroups etc. It should be like a filesystem tree, where groups are folders, and contacts are files.

What would you say?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. hmm, i will study this problem. i have to check the compatibility with server-side contact list.

2. i already thought about this, and it resulted that for most users it would complicate the managing of groups. it could be also incompatible with server-side contact list.

Offline Off.Just.Off

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
1. hmm, i will study this problem. i have to check the compatibility with server-side contact list.
According this posting, may we hope that server-side contact list support will be available soon in &RQ ? :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it would come very soon, if i would have the opportunity
after my exams i will pass august with my parents, and will have no internet
in september i will have exams again, so i can't make promises, but it could be ready in november.

Offline maxy_v

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
About compatibility with server-side contact list: I believe that ICQ contact list supports only 1 group for each contact. There could be one workaround: Contacts will be posted to the server with ONE group (it could be customizable default group for each contact, which could be the first one user added this contact to by default). And to hierarchy: groups could be just linedup in the server...