rejetto forum

Feature Request - External settings

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Its possible to externally set comments to files and even templates to folders..

so why not be able to set folder restrictions for up and download defined in hfs.settings.ini. :)
This also makes it able to set upload rights in a sub folder inside a real folder, instead of giving upload rights to the entire real folder.

btw, i discovered that when you enter http://host/folder/hfs.diff.tpl, you can actually download the diff template. I think that that, along with hfs.settings.ini, should be restricted and give a 4.04 error. (or access denied error, tho 4.04 is better for security reasons)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
btw, i discovered that when you enter http://host/folder/hfs.diff.tpl, you can actually download the diff template. I think that that, along with hfs.settings.ini, should be restricted and give a 4.04 error. (or access denied error, tho 4.04 is better for security reasons)

how does it harm you?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
so why not be able to set folder restrictions for up and download defined in hfs.settings.ini. :)

having so many things in the to-do-list, a feature should be implemented if it is very useful to a number of people.
so, ask "why" instead of "why not" ;)

This also makes it able to set upload rights in a sub folder inside a real folder, instead of giving upload rights to the entire real folder.

this is already possible by adding the sub folder (as real folder) right inside the real folder.a

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
having so many things in the to-do-list, a feature should be implemented if it is very useful to a number of people.
so, ask "why" instead of "why not" ;)

Hmm, you're right. As always :P

this is already possible by adding the sub folder (as real folder) right inside the real folder.a

I always thought you'd see 2 folders who are identical to eachother. Never knew this was already available :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile