rejetto forum

RAWR-X, Wut?

TSG · 5 · 4549

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
RAWR-X... it came up by accident in an earlier thread. It is a new template under construction as you sleep. It will change the way we look at HFS templates. Rejetto has mentioned to me many times that a template made using AJAX will revolutionise the way HFS works for the end user. Now, with the new Macro support, we are certain we can create a very useful template. It would work somewhat like a Windows Explorer... a dynamic application. So here we are. Working on an undesigned, unnamed, unpossible proof of concept  :o

The new preview box that is currently under construction is just the start. The template will be simple, it will not make use of every tiny little feature of HFS, but it will be powerful, and pretty. At first there will only be one language, English. And one theme, but due to the complexity of the code we just don't know where this will take us.

NOTE: RAWR-X is NOT our admin panel template, but the technology used in this new template will be integrated into the admin panel, possibly as a plugin for this and any template.

This is the reason I am hesitant to make large changes to our current line of templates. But anyway, I hope this helps some people understand our absence and my 'going for stability' attitude. There was a time, if you remember, that I was throwing everything in, and giving anything a go. But times have changed, and so has RAWR-Designs. We are maturing, and so is HFS. I was 17 when I started playing with HFS, and now I am 21. Please consider we are working without pay on RAWR-Designs, donate if you like our work enough to keep us around, any amount is helpful.

NOTE: I just noticed that our donate page is in Nederlands, I will hassle Richard to get this fixed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:11:08 AM by TSG »

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
This sounds VERY promising.  I can't wait.  Any plans for an eventual release date or at least a date when you're going to begin making this new template?  Just a general timeline would be acceptable.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
If you ask Richard for a release date he says 2011 :P but I think we'll have something working by the end of the year.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It is a new template under construction as you sleep.

that's the meaning of "living in australia"