next default template to build 261

rejetto · 84 · 38832

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
look at my last updated post

[special:alias]
belong to=if|{.and|%user%|{.not|{.match|guest;anonymous|%user%.}/not.}|{.member of|$1.}/and.}|{: $2 :}/if.}

usage

{.belong to|canchangepass|{: action:}.}
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:45:38 PM by Mars »

Offline Tha Jsta

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Back 2 Da OG/Don't Bite Tha Phunk/One Eight Seven
@ Rejetto. From what the sighted tester of the new template tells me, it is better than the last one due to the search feature. However, me using a screen reader noticed a big problem with the table on the page.

With the last template, each line [File Name | File Size | Last Modified | Hits or however it is layed out] displayed vertically how you see it. This next default template displays the table in a continuous line until my screen reader wraps it back, so when I press the Down_Arrow key it keeps reading. I know this is not how the sighted see it, but I do have a feeling this can be fixed somehow. Do you have any suggestions?
CLICK HERE to visit the dopest West Coast Hip-Hop blog online.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
@ Maverick

Change the lines 306 at 311 with this "code"; that's all:

Your solution works very good.  Thanks.
maverick

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: SilentPliz on 30 March 2010, 14:29:19
@ Maverick

Change the lines 306 at 311 with this "code"; that's all:

Your solution works very good.  Thanks.

It is really the basic version, but it seems to me that a delphi coded version had been evoked,

What is needed here is an option in "User Accounts" allowing the admin to approve or disapprove of the use of the password changer by user.  If a user is allowed to change his password, the password changer button will appear in the template.  If not, it is not a user option.

The use of the groups is completely adapted to this type of regulation, it is useful also in the 'admin panel' for the management of the accounts, it would be good that all these craftiness do not stay dead letters.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you'll find latest version in build #260, with following changes:

change password permissions:
i introduced a default group giving permission to change password.
anyway, special needs can be achieved by redefining the alias "can change pwd".
Indeed you can make it so that everyone will get the permission without having to assign the account to the group, or even excluding the "guest" account.

first multipage attempt:
the list is downloaded completely, then paged through javascript.

english:
a guy from the USA kindly suggested some better wording.

comments:
fixed the problem with comments.
I also made it so that if you just type some text without using the <br> tag, it will automatically be wrapped to each line.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Thanks.  You addressed the problems I noticed as well as added the new features I suggested for the new default template.  Seems to be working good.  :)
maverick

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
It is a lot better than the old default template... it does lack a bit in the styling department, you could do a lot more with just JS/CSS/HTML. Its even possible to do fancy gradients with css that will work in all modern browsers. But I suppose it is still quite functional. I would offer my help with the template styling, I just need some more motivation, working on profitable websites at the moment so open source stuff takes a back seat. I am trying to organise myself so I can get back on here though.

I like the use of selection on the table rows, its almost exactly how I was going to implement the selectable archive download on our templates. I may just copy it from this haha.

Also I don't know how long hot linking the jquery api will last... would it not be better to use sections for the javascript, like you do the stylesheet. I know it'll mean the template is big and ugly but you could just place the sections under the core of the template so the user doesn't see it initially. My main worry is, we accidentally left a hotlink to a jquery plugin and the bastards modified the code to 'Rick Roll' everyone doing it. So all the sites running on our work system were being Rick Roll'd. That was not Google, I doubt they would do that but just a warning for the dangers of hotlinking lol.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:30:51 PM by TSG »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
how can i make gradients without images?

hotlinking jquery from google is highly adviced if you make a quick search (even if i'm doing the dirty way to save 1 step).

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I would make a design that can make use of, but is not reliant on the gradients, something along the lines of the ToG... not identical of course, that's silly. I had a play with this at work once:

Mozilla Firefox: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/11/css-gradients-firefox-36/
Chrome/Safari: http://developer.apple.com/safari/library/documentation/InternetWeb/Conceptual/SafariVisualEffectsProgGuide/Gradients/Gradients.html

No idea about Opera but IE has supported gradients for a while via its filter properties. Its being introduced into the CSS3 spec. So it wont work in older browsers, but if you have the latest build, you're good to go. Which is why it might be nice for the new template, prepared for the future in a way. But the design cannot rely on it alone.

But like I said via email, I wont be around for a week so I can't really work on it until after then. Spending a week on the worlds largest sand island (Fraser Island) :) we go there once every few years.

Can't wait to dive back into that :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:04:14 PM by TSG »

Offline Nestor

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am not sure if this is the proper thread to post this, but I believe there's an error in the default template of HFS 2.3.260, around #381:
      <div id='folder-stats'>%number-folders% {.!folders.},  %number-files% {.!files.}, %total-size%ytes

At the end of the line, shouldn't it rather say : "%total-size% {.!Bytes.}" ?

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you seem are right but the var %total-size%  is xxB or xxKB  then if you add "yte" the final text is normal. have a look on your web result.

it is the same with %item-size% they return always the unit

you can use %total-size% and %total-bytes% or %total-kbytes% without the unit

as %item-size% with %item-size-b% or %item-size-kb%

Code: [Select]
by example one file of 256bytes

%item-size%      ->> 256B
%item-size-b%    ->> 256
%item-size-kb%   ->> 0

On the other hand I would not know how to say if the correction will intervene from the next version, because rejetto is very active but outside this forum  :D

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:48:15 AM by Mars »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
<div id='folder-stats'>%number-folders% {.!folders.},  %number-files% {.!files.}, %total-size%

%total-size% alone seems sufficient, since it still gives the good value. No?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:30:03 AM by SilentPliz »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
 with a french version

<div id='folder-stats'>%number-folders% {.!folders.},  %number-files% {.!files.}, {.if|%total-kbytes%|%total-kbytes%Kilo O|%total-bytes% O.}ctets
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:03:15 PM by Mars »

Offline Nestor

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I see. However IMHO having the B hardcoded should be avoided. Notice it doesn't even appear with the variable unlike what SilentPliz has reported about the french version.

I only noticed it because I was trying to translate the latest template into Spanish, and when searching for any ".!" string, I found this odd thing at the end of the line, and when trying to "fix it", I got the double B.
Not that it matters for Spanish (since for sizes we use the same english words), but it might be source of problems for other languages.

IMHO if full localization is in the ToDo list, this should be addressed with a more general approach than hardcoding the strings.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I was trying to translate the latest template into Spanish,

use the syntax as my last post