rejetto forum

Recent Posts

Bug reports / Re: The video won't play on the iPhone iOs 15.0!
« Last post by surikat on January 27, 2022, 05:27:16 PM »
I completely switched to the HFS3 version. No different features at the moment, but the program works great for all devices. It is very fast and does not use any CPU or memory. I advise anyone who has the same troubles as me to switch to the new version and help develop it!
Programmers corner / Re: Ways to trigger events at a specific file download/ request
« Last post by rejetto on January 25, 2022, 04:01:49 PM »
yes, i can see it running with your ip.
HFS is by default read-only.
There's no way for me to know that you didn't create an account that once logged in can upload or delete stuff, but I assume from your words that you didn't do it.

Be careful exposing your php files, or other files that may contain sensible informations.
A php file in HFS is just a text file where people can read your source.
You may expect that it is executed and only its output is visible, but that's not true in HFS (because it doesn't support PHP)
Programmers corner / Re: Ways to trigger events at a specific file download/ request
« Last post by Fenn on January 25, 2022, 02:49:42 PM »
Thanks ill look into that and probably try running another app alongside HFS if it doesnt work

since im already running a file server that lets the my app download things remotely
You can actually check it out using my ip. since i dont really want to reveal its domain link.
as far as i know its a read-only file server
« Last post by rejetto on January 25, 2022, 02:33:05 PM »
HFS doesn't support PHP.
Still you can use HFS to execute a file (with parameters) when a specific url is requested, by using the {.exec.} command.
Yet, this is hardly what HFS is designed for, so if that's your only goal you may find better solutions.
You can replace the disconnect command in my example with exec, that is documented here
https://rejetto.com/wiki/index.php/HFS:_scripting_commands#Others

hfs' scripting language is quite bad, but it's all you got on hfs :)
« Last post by Fenn on January 25, 2022, 12:54:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply!
What i am trying to do is basically use HFS as a simple API.
what i am trying to do is send a request to a file through the link including arguments that my application is going to send.
which is going to run a php script that would send a message through a discord bot that would then display a users game status and his nickname
And i am wondering if that is possible to do using HFS since ive wanted to move over to a personal host instead amazon/ google hackery and paid services
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: a new beginning...
« Last post by TEA-Time on January 24, 2022, 10:54:59 PM »
Hi mandoz,

I know hardly anything about IPv6, but I do know that parts of it can be abbreviated, which probably explains why it's "shorter".  See the "Address representation" section on this Wikipedia page (should take you straight there):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6#Address_representation
« Last post by rejetto on January 24, 2022, 10:32:57 PM »
i just checked and it was the same to me
« Last post by mandoz on January 24, 2022, 07:18:17 PM »
hi rejetto,

Is it possible that hfs3 ipv6 address is different from hfs2 ipv6?
it would seem shorter ...
you should read the README file
it says first time you have to rename config file
the rest must be improved ;)
at the moment i'm very busy with hfs3 and hate to work on previous version, because it's very old stuff that's hard to deal with.
i cannot exclude doing some work with it in the future.

stand-alone exe, sure. it's already so.

it's not yet user-friendly, right, but it's still easier than apache.
right now i started working on the administration interface, the equivalent of the hfs2 main window. This alone will take me tens of hours of work.

oh i see, well since i'm seemingly the only person affected by this range issue, it's not particularly important to anyone (including me), no need to prioritize it. good luck with the HFS3 project!

>stand-alone exe, sure. it's already so.

are you sure? when i try to run the 0.8.0 exe file standalone (extracting *just* the exe file from the archive), it just exits with this error

C:\Users\hans\Downloads>hfs
started 1/24/2022, 5:43:01 PM build 2022-01-23T13:59:18.879Z
cwd C:\Users\hans\Downloads
cannot read config.yaml Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\hans\Downloads\config.yaml'
C:\Users\hans\Downloads>echo %ERRORLEVEL%

seems there's a bug right there! it exits with errorcode 0, should surely be 1 or something, 0 is generally a success return code, no?
but also seems like this exe requires at the very least a config.yaml present ^^