rejetto forum

HFS downloads capped at 185KB/s

Offline nabilalk

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
For some reason both the download and upload speeds for HFS are extremely slow regardless of little to no network traffic.  I'm getting capped at 185kb/s for down and between 50-80kb/s up.  This occurs regardless of the computer that I am on to download off of HFS.  Is this normal and if not, what can I do to speed things up? Thanks!

-NKA

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. what version are you using?
2. please report the result of this test www.speedtest.net

Offline nabilalk

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Hi using the latest beta: 2.3 beta build #197

Speed test results:

Thanks for your response, hopefully we can sort this out.

Offline nabilalk

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Hi using the latest beta: 2.3 beta build #197

Speed test results:

Thanks for your response, hopefully we can sort this out.

Hi, I have posted the desired info. Any thoughts on why I'm getting capped @ 185kb/c when the speed test shows that my maximum DL speed is significantly higher?

Offline Wasserfloh

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, I have posted the desired info. Any thoughts on why I'm getting capped @ 185kb/c when the speed test shows that my maximum DL speed is significantly higher?
Look at the test during the times more precise measurement units. There are kbps (kBit/s). In the final by kb/s. As you with your lying 185kB / s (1480kBit/s) even better than the test.

Offline nabilalk

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Look at the test during the times more precise measurement units. There are kbps (kBit/s). In the final by kb/s. As you with your lying 185kB / s (1480kBit/s) even better than the test.

Hi, thanks for the reply, but I am afraid that I do not understand your response. Could you please clarift what you are saying here? Thanks!

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Your upload speed is 936 kb/s. So somebody can download from your server about  936/8 = 117 kB/s .   (1 Byte = 8 bits)

Theoretically with your download speed of 8650 kb/s somebody could upload to your server 8650/8 = 1080 kB/s. , but there is no DSL that gives this upload-speed, so nobody can upload as much as your connection is able to receive.
your computer has no brain - use your own !