rejetto forum

Regarding DynDns

Offline jshollis

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
OK,

I decided to just operate HFS off of my IP address and not Dyndns because one of my other servers on P80 kept getting my account disabled.

I uninstalled HFS and deleted the rejetto folder in the registry and then reinstalled HFS.  HFS when performing a self test can be seen scanning my dyndns address.

Where else on my PC is this info so I can remove it from HFS scanning.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Your dyndns domain just points to your ip-address, so to access your servers from internet there is no difference using dyndns or your ip.
If you operate different servers, then you just have to use different ports for the servers and use proper portforwarding on your router.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline ElSid

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Your dyndns domain just points to your ip-address, so to access your servers from internet there is no difference using dyndns or your ip.
You need to properly port forward your Router and that everything is routed correctly.  Make sure you set your computer/laptop to a STATIC IP address off of the router.  This is something I struggled with when I first started (including an FTP server).  On my D-Link routers, it is listed under DHCP and I add my laptop MAC address to a "static client list".  Then I port forward to that static IP address.

Standard ports (i.e. 80 for HTML and 21 for FTP) are blocked on the ISP end (want you to upgrade to business), so changing the port is mandatory.  I recommend a dynamic DNS with a webhop.  Then you do not have to add the port to the address, for those less techy like my parents.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:11:40 PM by ElSid »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if you need HFS to remove all your settings, use the "uninstall" command you find in the menu.
or start it by holding the SHIFT key. By this way, hfs will ignore any saved setting.