• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I add folder "X", with subfolder "Y" and "Z", autoupdate: NO
in VFS dialog I see this:
/
+-X (italic) ([X] Hide)
..+-Y (italic) ([ ] Hide)
..+-Z (italic) ([ ] Hide)

I think that the folder X is hidden. Well, it's.
Than I think that also the folders Y and Z are hidden. I load http://url/X/, and the folders Y and Z appear.
Uhm...
I left click on Y, I see that the "Hide" flag isn't setted (eg: [ ] Hide). I right click on "Hide", and I see that now the "Hide" flag is setted (eg: [X] Hide).
The Y folder is now in italic (it was in italic). But now it's hidden when I browse http://url/X/
The same for other folders and files.

And... if I add some files under "X" hidden folder (i've tested by left click menu from VFS dialog), they will be displayed in italic style, but the "Hide" flag will not be flagged (eg: [ ] Hide) and the files will be visible.

I hide folder "X" with some subfolders, and i set to Auto Update it, it's the same of the other example, but I cannot manually set Hidden the other folders.

I suggest to you this:
The flag Hide (and the italic style) is setted on every file that is REALLY hidden, but you can add in left-click menu a new command: "Hide Recursive", that set Hidden flag (and style) to all File/Folders in that dir (and in that auto update dir).
So if you set manually the hidden flag, you can select only the files/dir that you want hide.
The italic style must be fixed.

bye!
Quando digitai in command.com la prima volta 'ls' invece di 'dir', capii cosa mi stava succendendo...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the italic is propagated to child items because i think it helps if you got a big VFS and you do not have the hidden super-node on screen.

the hide flag is not propagated to child items because usually i want to put-on a folder for only 1 guy. i just put the folder on, hide it and then i pass him the url.
He only will be able to browse that folder.
If some1 else access my server, he won't see nothing, and i hope he won't guess the folder name ;)
If you want more security, because you think he could guess the folder name (ugh) you can always set a password for the folder.

Yes, maybe there are cases in which you could want to have a recursive hide. i could implement the command.

Offline TC

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok.. I thought that italic style was applied only on really hidden items.
Quando digitai in command.com la prima volta 'ls' invece di 'dir', capii cosa mi stava succendendo...