rejetto forum

Recent Posts

HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: IPTV from HFS
« Last post by bmartino1 on November 05, 2023, 07:02:20 AM »
Having been in communication rooms for the USA ISP Providers from coax qam and GSM Satellites....[the gold old days before digital...]

one could use a sever and
hfs as a web player via java script:
https://github.com/Mravuri96/IPTV-Player

but hfs itself is not meant to be a media player/media center.
https://iptvmiddleware.com/iptv-software/iptv-server-software/

your better off with vlc and network streams for truly free stuff.

iptv has and uses its own protocol...

otherwise, check out GitHub: https://github.com/topics/iptv-free-server
rejetto-crafted software / Re: refresh network list
« Last post by bmartino1 on November 05, 2023, 06:56:01 AM »
is it that time of year when we wake up Fysack

I'm n and out of the form don't normally login anymore. Not even sure how to help as alot has changed.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Active directory for users
« Last post by bmartino1 on November 05, 2023, 06:52:22 AM »
its lost on the form, someone did setup and use javascript to talk to an active directory/ldap instance. To add users into HFS.

Auth ldap vs active directly stuff via JavaScript and hfs special code commands to add users... not sure if i can find it anymore.
Something like a registration link: https://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=5840.0

and something like this: https://github.com/ldapjs/node-ldapjs
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: IPTV from HFS
« Last post by bmartino1 on November 05, 2023, 06:47:05 AM »
I have found plex and jelly fin to do this better than http vlc streams.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: blocking ip-addresses by country
« Last post by bmartino1 on November 05, 2023, 06:42:35 AM »
The only way I know how to do geo ip blocking is to run a separate firewall instance.

tiny wall. to lock down your windows for only 1 application if need be

peerblocker with geo ip list

Otherwise, run dockers like piehole

my current home network now consist of firewalla. Firewall uses firebase and other software to accomplish geo ip blocking.

What i'm getting at is networking outside hfs as a web server will require hardware and other software, not something build into hfs.

HFS has a ip range and single ip block feature. Manually add theses.

Current free ish system atm is rdpguard...

https://rdpguard.com/geoip-blocking.aspx#:~:text=The%20Geo%2DIP%20Blocking%20feature,update%20the%20blocking%20rules%20accordingly.

Networking and cyber security of your systems is on you.
This is the only method that comes to mind, and I hope that it will solve your problem of loss of VFS  ;)

switch to expert mode (key F5)
select Menu>Save options to file,  and activate  Menu>Auto-save Options

in Menu>Virtual File System , choice Backup on Save   and  Autosave every: enter 900 (= every 15mn) or more

Menu>Others options> Edit Event Script... (ALT+F6)

put this content in hfs.events and save it in the hfs.exe folder
Code: [Select]
[server start]
{.if|{.{.filesize|hfs.vfs.}<255.}|
{:{.add to log|Empty VFS detected.}
  {.if|{.exists|hfs.vfs.bak.}|
{:{.add to log| VFS backup found.}
  {.delete|hfs.vfs.}
  {.copy|hfs.vfs.bak|hfs.vfs.}
  {.add to log| previous VFS restored and loaded.}
:}|{:{.add to log| VFS backup not found.}:}
/if.}:}
|{:{.add to log|VFS seems good.}:}
/if.}

this script tests if the size of the vfs is less than a certain value (255 to be reduced if necessary) and in this case restores the backup, every time  the server is SWITCHING ON ( not possible only when hfs is launched), allowing a functional VFS to be found

verify  in windows registry if not exist those keys  else delete them
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\rejetto  and  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\rejetto
Hi.

From time to time a see a bug with saving file system to file.
Older *.vfs are around ~6kB (and they are fine), new saved file has ~250bytes

Can't find 'why', but without restarting the server everything is fine. Problem when power is lost or PC crash - have to add files/folders/users again and again.

Can some info be saved 'from memory' before exiting the program to later 'add from saved memory' after I get empty Virtual File System window?

Also there is a strange bug that allowing anyone to access - can't revert this option without restarting program.
Bug reports / Re: HFS needs restart
« Last post by adam on November 03, 2023, 09:16:28 AM »
Hi Leo,

I updated to 2.4 only after 2.3 started to have problems, after years of working seamlessly without any change on our end. I believe the reason was rather that spiders started to download thousands of files daily, and I guess HFS crashed due to the large number of downloads (possibly a memory leak or something similar).

Regarding 3.0: I installed this, it is a nice stuff (the remote HTTP admin is particularly useful, as well as the HTTPS), What is a bit unclear is whether that PowerShell window can be made to run in the background (a system tray icon was nicer for 2.x), and not to open the browser on each startup.

Let's see whether 3.0 will have the same problems or not...
« Last post by LeoNeeson on November 03, 2023, 04:42:05 AM »
I've found a very similar report from 2004, where no solution was found, but as ‘workaround’ it seemed that using a non-standard port, other higher than port 80, it could help on those cases.

» Just wondering: besides upgrading from HFS 2.3 to 2.4, try to think what other changes you did on your server. Since HFS worked fine for years, there must be something else that suddenly is causing this (like for example, an incompatibility with another software, or some other change). It's known that some applications like Skype, could 'take over' (or grab) port 80/443, thus blocking the normal functioning of HFS, as you can read HERE. In Windows 10, an "IIS service" is enabled by default (or it could have been re-enabled after a Windows Update), and it could cause the same issue, as you can read HERE.

• Besides that, if you wish, you can share a debug log by uploading it as attachment here on the forum. To get a debug log, follow THESE steps, but on step 4 wait until HFS stop responding, and then continue with step 5 onwards. I can't make any promises or guarantee about fixing this (this only could be useful to find the origin of the issue, or find a possible workaround, but most of the time, it is not enough to find the source of the error). Remember that without having an EXACT way to reproduce this bug, this could be hard to fix.

At the moment, since Rejetto stopped developing HFS v2.x (now considered obsolete by him), and until an independent fork of the old HFS v2.x branch doesn't arise, I would highly recommend testing his new HFS v3.
« Last post by adam on November 02, 2023, 01:52:17 PM »
Hi Leo,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, unfortunately the problem must be elsewhere: this is our server computer, all the other services (such as FTP, TeamViewer, invoicing, building heating, files) work seamlessly, HFS is the only one which fails on almost daily basis, and with F4+F4 it continues working.

Let me know if you have any other ideas. I'd be glad to supply logs, but the default on-screen log certainly doesn't show anything (the last log is about the last downloaded file).