Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
quote:
https:// urls could be clickable.

done

quote:
numbers >= 5 digits could be clickable, too, to add a icq uin to a current contact list

in to-do

quote:
double-click on the url could spawn a browser (just like a signle click)

done

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
INSANE FR:

I know that one can create & send a strange-msg packet (I tried, this works).
Such a packet that is ignored by official client.  You could then add some TLVs with special T field (e.g. T=0xCAFE) to that packet.  I guess, these TLVs will be ignored by official clients.

And more: in these TLVs, you can embed your own extensions of the protocol.  E.g. you can transmit a client version.

Now, my FR: implement a "your party is responding" feature (like one in the MSN messenger & IBM Sametime messenger).

I am drunk.  Copying this to the icqdev list.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
interesting
i was about to make those tests, but never did

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok.  i acquired some positive info about protocol extensions, will soon post it to the icqdev.

more FRs:

- add "&rq page" & "&rq forum" to the "Support" menu of &rq.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes, and "what's new" too, as berimor asked

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
3 FRs.

- minor inconvinience:  when windows taskbar is dragged to the left side of the screen, and the checkbox "Fix windows position" is checked, and &rq main window is dragged close to the taskbar (so that left side of &rq window touches the right side of the windows taskbar), THEN &rq unexpectedly jumps several (e.g. ~10) pixels to the right.  It shouldn't.  (When "Fix windows position" is unchecked, everything works fine.)

- minor inconvinience: when windows taskbar is at the left side of the screen, and I choose e.g. "add contacts -> whitepages", THEN the dialog is partially hidden by the taskbar.  It could move to the right a bit, so that the taskbar & the dialog do not overlap.  This behavior may also apply to other windows.

- ESC could close any dialog.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
quote:
left side of &rq window touches the right side of the windows taskbar), THEN &rq unexpectedly jumps several (e.g. ~10) pixels to the right.

maybe i don't understand what you wrote, but why should you keep the "fix" option on if you don't want it to move windows?
it was made to prevent the window from being undraggable

quote:
is partially hidden by the taskbar. It could move to the right a bit, so that the taskbar & the dialog do not overlap.

i will let win32 place the window
probably now the window is set to display itself at design-position

quote:
ESC could close any dialog.

hmmm, not sure this is good, sometimes ESC could trigger some other action, and there is already a hotkey for close (that is alt+f4)
so, does it worth?

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
quote:

maybe i don't understand what you wrote, but why should you keep the "fix" option on if you don't want it to move windows?

yes, that's why i keep "fix" option off.  so this issue is not actually important to me.  i wrote it mainly to keep you informed.

quote:

ESC [...] does it worth?

You decide.

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
FR: Add option to make chat window auto-appear on the very bottom of the zorder. (This option should probably be represented by a single checkbox in preferences, affecting the entire &rq.)

Right now, when incoming msgs are received, and "events - messages - pop up chat window" is on, then this chat window appears on the top of zorder.  So if the local user is actively typing something, he is interrupted, when using the current behavior.

Edited by - joxy on 04/03/2002  07:24:33

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
FR:

- when some user not in your contact list adds you to his/her contact list, THEN popup user details window or print all user details to the history log (depending on the "events" preferences).

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. z-order it's not related to focus, it seems that your problem is to loose the focus. would a "get focus" option be better?

2. don't think it's a good idea to popup the window if someone adds you. my advice:
for event "added you" enable
"add to history", "open chat"

you will be warned in a discrete way, and you can find a 1click button for the info, with hotkey too (alt+i). what do you think about this?

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
quote:

z-order it's not related to focus

This has to be well thought out, so I cannot reply right now.

quote:
don't think it's a good idea to popup the window if someone adds you. [...] you can find a 1click button for the info, with hotkey too (alt+i).

My typical behavior, when anyone adds me, is to open user details window, and to read everything. So the zero-click button would be convinient.  This zero-click feature could be turned off in prefs.

Just fantasies.

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
FR1

https:// urls could be clickable.

FR2

numbers >= 5 digits could be clickable, too, to add a icq uin to a current contact list

FR3

double-click on the url could spawn a browser (just like a signle click)

right now, it spawns the browser PLUS opens a chat message text window.  This behavior is IMO inconvinient.

Edited by - joxy on 03/19/2002  20:41:45

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I found a good enough argument to implement the following:

"ESC could close any dialog." [joxy]

Previously, rejetto answered with: "hmmm, not sure this is good, sometimes ESC could trigger some other action, and there is already a hotkey for close (that is alt+f4). so, does it worth?"

----------------

One second ago I thought that there is a "MS Windows GUI guidelines" document by Microsoft (can be found somewhere on their site).  And, I am almost sure that my guess is right:  that document probably specifies the "close dialog" action for ESC key as a common Windows GUI standard.  (I haven't read that MS guidelines doc.)

Final decision will, yes, be done by rejetto.

Offline joxy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Also, ESC could hide the contact list window.