rejetto forum

Only I get access

Offline zzdjchris

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
  First of all...First class server...so long as my problems easily fixed.

In "Easy mode" I've added all my files correctly...I am using a Netgear Router. I made the required settings changes to allow HFS full access, n it passes all tests once I did that. I clicked on "Find External Address" n was given 58.110.60.202, so when I click on my index.html file in HFS. The display next to Open in browser shows http://58.110.60.202/diaryofanaddict/index.html
  When I click on the "Open in browser" button, my index page is displayed correctly, but if I enter http://58.110.60.202/diaryofanaddict/index.html into my browser, it times out, n I get a 404.
  Now I read one of your replies to a user who was having a similar problem. You told him how some routers don't like to loop-back. I agree with you there, but when I sent http://58.110.60.202/diaryofanaddict/index.html to my Father, he said he got nothing too.
  I'm using port 80, n have tried the address with the port added also...same problem.
  My fire-wall has made the allowance for HFS, n like I said. I changed my router settings n now pass the self test, but the only way I can see my page is if I click "Open in browser", or (oddly) I enter 10.1.1.2, but no-one else can see that either.
  Any help would be great, as I want to throw money at you for what seems to be an easy to use application. I'm just having this, well, HUGE ISSUE as the software isn't doing it's intention.
  Thanks for listening. I'm sure I covered everything important with this problem.
Deej.

Offline zzdjchris

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
  Also...when I turn off "Browse using local host" I get the same issue. A time-out, n then tha big 404!
  Deej

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi zzdjchris
Your site works! The only problem i found is your index.html in the main directory: the urls to load the frames are not correct as the requested files are not on it's directory level.

Just an idea :) You should not leave information about your account- and password information on your server that can be reached by everyone and spiders! Renmove it from the filesystem or protect your folders! :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:42:11 AM by bacter »
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
your HFS is working fine to me.
i will cite a piece of the text "I would like to thank ANGELFIRE".
you may see me in the log, i'm the IP starting by 78.13.

when the self-test says it's OK, it's hardly failing.

10.1.1.2 is a local address and will work only withing your local network.

if you want your photo in the signature you should edit your forum "profile".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:40:07 AM by rejetto »

Offline zzdjchris

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
the frames are fine...I have two different sites in creation, you would have seen the frames.html for one, and the index.html for the other.
btw...thanks.