rejetto forum

My work for streaming .mp3 files (*NEW VERSION 2.01*)

zeropt · 28 · 13252

Offline zeropt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I have developed a small *client* browser (mp3link) using the basic components in BCB 2006. In this program, you are able to click on a mp3 and it will start playing while downloading in background. All the events are handled therefore the mediaplayer won’t appear to bother you. The next song will also be automatically started after the current one completed. Besides these, I’ve tried to make a .wpl file editor for those who want to listen their favorite songs. Note that the playlist file is compatible with Windows Mediaplayer 9.0 or latter.

Now, I’d like to share the binary and source for those who enjoy HFS (nice project). If you are interested in my work, please visit http://140.112.23.26 with username/password : “mp3link”. I have a few .mp3 files in two folders for testing and one folder for mp3link binary/source. In the binary file pack (mp3link15.zip), URL.txt can be replaced by the address of your site. Please feel free to share the experience to us and modify it for your own purposes. However, there are still some limitations in this initial version. For example, only .mp3 files are supported. I’ve tested it on Windows XP with HFS 2.0 Beta 35, but it seems have some problems in win98. I’m glad if you can help me to test it and give me some ideas in this work. If you have any good idea, I’m glad if we can discuss the techniques in the code or you can upload your modifications to my site (folder mp3link is able to upload). Maybe it's possible to add more features in the future versions.

Function Summary:
1. Streaming .mp3 files (background play and downloading simultaneously)
2. It can create/load/save the Microsoft Windows Media Player supported "Playlist" file (.wpl)
3. It supports most of the http file servers. Needless to say, HFS is the best choice :D

mp3link 1.6alpha02 is now available from http://140.112.23.26/mp3link%20project/mp3link16alpha02.zip

/Sincerely,
Zeropt (zeropt0816@yahoo.com.tw)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 03:18:54 PM by zeropt »

ANTS

Hi.

Great idea! However, when I click an mp3 file, nothing happens.

I have Windows XP.

Offline zeropt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thank you!
My server has only 128MB of ram, so it's a little slow..
When you click on any .mp3, it will start playing in few seconds, meanwhile, a bubble hint will show the song name in the tray icon.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Well done zeropt!  Good Start!  Seems to work very well from your site.

I'm running Win XP Pro SP2.  I found that after a mp3 file is played, it is stored in the Temporary Internet File Folder and quickly deleted once mp3link is closed.  It would be much better if these files could be saved in a better folder of your choice -> that is if the person listening to them would like to save them as new mp3's for his collection.  If, however, they just want to listen to streaming music, the temporary internet file folder would be best.  What I'm saying is that a person should have a choice of saving or not.

I tried your mp3link on my site.  The pages show up properly *but* the Background mode in your VIP Browser and your Playlist Editor don't seem to recognize any mp3 files that are in my mp3 folders as nothing shows up.  Therefore, nothing is selectable and nothing plays.  I can manually click on the mp3's shown in the file listing, but all I get is the normal open/save dialog.  Any ideas?? (Media Player isn't my default player but that shouldn't matter as it is available when called).
maverick

Offline zeropt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks maverick, I got it!
The column field "Filename" in the template must be replaced as "description"
Because I use this tag to identify whether a folder contains mp3 or not.
In fact, I find that is not necessary at all.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
You must be referring to the template entry <a href="%encoded-folder%?sort=n"><span class=column>Filename</span> right?  You are saying to replace the word "Filename" with "Description".  Why didn't you just leave it as Filename to avoid this problem?  That particular template entry has to do with "Sort column by Filename".  Changing the column name to "Description" makes no sense for the function that it does. (to test I made a temporary name change to "Description" and it works as stated but suggest to just leave the name as "Filename" to avoid this problem with others).

Does mp3link detect and play .wpl files produced by your editor?
maverick

Anonymous

Quote from: "zeropt"
Thank you!
My server has only 128MB of ram, so it's a little slow..
When you click on any .mp3, it will start playing in few seconds, meanwhile, a bubble hint will show the song name in the tray icon.

Hi, I was talking about my own server which has 1024mb ram. I'll try it again.

Anonymous

zeropt

Your mp3link site "stopped" working.  No music is played.

Anonymous

zeropt

My mistake.  It is working fine.  Forgot to log in with your mp3link browser. :#)

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Further testing mp3link on my site shows that every mp3 in a folder is loaded 3 times in the browser background mode and in the playlist editor.  For a while there I couldn't figure out why the same song kept repeating itself over and over again.  Switched mp3 folders, reloaded mp3link, but the results were the same.

Looks like a bug.
maverick

Anonymous

In the program, I use a function CppWebBrowser1BeforeNavigate2 to intercept the event occured by clicking on any url link. If the extension filename is ".mp3", the default action (opening media player or a corresponding application) is suppressed and I use my internal procedure to play the music in real time. However, the message with the suppressed action was being transfered to the server. Although there are two or three loading actions, the mp3link download the full file only one time.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Anonymous"
In the program, I use a function CppWebBrowser1BeforeNavigate2 to intercept the event occured by clicking on any url link. If the extension filename is ".mp3", the default action (opening media player or a corresponding application) is suppressed and I use my internal procedure to play the music in real time. However, the message with the suppressed action was being transfered to the server. Although there are two or three loading actions, the mp3link download the full file only one time.
I'm assuming that the above post is from zeropt.

Yes, even though there are 3 loading actions in your browser background mode and playlist editor, the mp3 file is only downloaded 1 time *but* played and repeated 3 times before the next new mp3 in the queue is played.  That shouldn't happen.  Therefore a bug and should be fixed.

Why from your site, the mp3 is loaded only 1 time in background mode and playlist editor and a new mp3 starts right after the previous mp3 is played only once?  You are missing to tell us something on how you made it to work properly.
maverick

Offline zeropt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, maverick, Can you give me a testing account on your site? The HFS working on my site is 2.0 alpha20 *Chinese* version. I think the environment might be different with yours. Maybe I can find the bug If I can test my code with your server. My email is zeropt0816@yahoo.com.tw

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Hi zeropt.  Check your PM for instructions.

You are using a very, very OLD version of HFS.  Maybe that has something to do with the problem.  The current version is v2.0 BETA 37.  The alpha versions were finished about a year ago.
maverick

Offline zeropt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The mp3link has been updated to 1.6alpha01. Thanks maverick for his great help. Hope the new version will resolve most of the problems encountered. :D