rejetto forum

one difficult question

kaler · 7 · 3595

Offline kaler

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i tried to make a good template...
it is cofigured for a normal display... but when you have a widescreen you must scroll and this is (for me) not so good....

now can i programm a script, that get the information from the pc if you have an widescreen or not... or can i make it not real?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
What is a 'normal' display and why would a widescreen monitor cause the need for more scrolling? You should design your template better to not be dependent on resolutions, they vary greatly.

Offline kaler

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
jes i know... but there is no better solution... (a normal display is the contrast to widescreen -->no widescreen)

is there the posibiliti or not?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
But I don't understand the problem, why would a widescreen monitor cause more scrolling? It shouldn't be any different, and most new widescreen monitors are a higher resolution than the old displays anyway... So I don't understand the question. Screenshots would be helpful for all of us.

Offline kaler

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok here are some screen shots...

but... don't say you can take only the second one...
then:  the first one is the rigth one, that i want to have, and the second is only a mod...

(i'm not at home... at home i have a "normal" screen but here ( i am at the moment on a language school) i have a widscreen, so i make the mod... cause of that it seems, you see, that you must scroll on the normal screen...

Normal:
Wide:

Thanks...

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It seems that you do not want any scrolling and want to use the whole screen available.

This can be done defining at least two positioned div's in your style sheet (you have to adjust the numbers for left,top, right and bottom/height for your needs !):

#nachricht {position:fixed;  left:180px; top:120px; right:40px; bottom:250px; overflow:auto;}      
#eingabe {   position:fixed;  left:180px; bottom:0px; right:40px; height:240px;}

This way you can have your windows scaled depending of the screen format. The div #eingabe will always use the bottom 240 pixel of the screen, the window #nachricht will use the width (between left and right) of the screen with a variable hight (starting an 120 pixels from top down to 250 pixels from bottom) if the content in the #nachricht window does not fit, a scrollbar will appear on the border of it.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline kaler

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thank you.. .i will try it, when i'm at home, were i have a normal screen an my brother a widescreen... so i can see if its works on both...

Tank you...