rejetto forum

HFS on My Cloud

Offline Scotspaul

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi Team
I was thinking of getting something like My Cloud to store a few TB of music and was wondering if i could connect HFS to it to share the music from it
is this possible or is there an easier way rather than using my drives as it slows me when ppl are downloading from me
Thanks in advance

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
if you have the cloud device via usb (such as wd mycloud), then adding the drive should work.

If you connecting to a cloud service (webdav), then you need to "network map" the drive, and add the drive letter to hfs

-----------------------------------

there are other reports of users on the forum who had a hard time setting it up, but was successful in the end.

drive write time may slow hfs and sharing down.
Files i try to keep and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FOWi3Gqaldld6JLXvZ-biDv4RSguf0IC?usp=sharing

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
is there an easier way rather than using my drives as it slows me when ppl are downloading from me
The most easy approach, is using some 'spare' PC you may have laying around in disuse. The best option is to use an old laptop (with Windows XP or 7 installed), and leave it alone and only use that PC to share file using HFS. It has low power consumption, and you will not have to worry about slowing down your main PC.