rejetto forum

once more %lang%

bacter · 4 · 4440

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
As the first point I want to thank to Rejetto for the great effort done with the last releases to version 2.3. The new features are a great improvement.

One new feature is the %lang% value that contains a value sent to the server from the browser.

In my case using Firefox and IE, lang returns es-us (that may stand for spanish-US = spanglish), while the information that I can retrieve form the navigator-object is es-ES. Firefox doesn't support neither user- nor browserlanguage, so I get them from the useragent or versionstring. IE fills out correctly the values.

But the problem at which I want to point is another.

If we cant SET the %lang% value, I think it is almost useless. Getting the browserlanguage is no problem, and if a template supports the language, it's ok. But the reason for a language value when I proposed this, was that the visitor can SELECT between different languages this one he best understands when his language isn't directly supported. The interesting thing would be that this value should be stored during his conection and would be available in every (diff) template, avoiding the need to overload folder- and uplinks with stuff like #lang=..

It would be great to have ?lang=.. to set %lang% in the main template!

Thanks.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i will return es instead of es-ES or es-US.

what you ask for it is too much complex. we have no sessions. your "connection" term is referred to sessions. indeed connections (TCP sockets) can be many, and can be break at any time.

someone asked for %lang% to be working inside the section name. though it is not working there, yet.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
thanks for your answer rejetto.

I hadn't enough time to study the source till now and supposed ther would be an internal vector with the users conected which results in %number-addresses% or %connections%.

If there's no such vector I understand that it may be to complicated, and as I hav to use overload anyway, there is no need for me that you change the format of %lang%.

Thank you anyway.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
no, we have such vector, connections.
what we don't have is: sessions.
sessions are based on cookies.