rejetto forum

WISHLIST from an illiterate

Offline frank.cologne

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
First of all:
I like hfs very much, I use it for 6 weeks and enjoy that it works fast and solid.
 :)

But actualy I miss a few buttons, first of all the DELETE-button, which allows me, to delete a file from within the browser.
And than the possibility to work with the folder structure (dito from within the browser): create a new folder, rename and somethin like that.
I could not find this items on the to-do-list.

Is this because
( ) I am blind?
( ) nobody wants it (except me)?
( ) it is not possible to program it?
 ???

I understand that hfs is a project from rejetto. High rejetto! Are you the only one who works on it? Or can I beg someone else here around to work on my problem?

Is there anybody out there?  ;)

C U

FRANK
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:04:32 PM by frank.cologne »
Mac-User (Windows too, sometimes ...)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
just an oversight, you can find these two lines in the to-do-list
+ folder creation (with upload rights)
+ remote file deletion

at the moment i know no one else who is working on the code :(

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
frank.cologne, welcome to the HFS forums!

A little bit offtopic, but I have a remark:

Do never, I repeat, NEVER post your unobfuscated Email address in a forum or website. The web is crawled by spider- and spambots and you will get a massive spam problem. If you insist on having your Email in the sig, use some obfuscation.

Wrong: myemailaddy@someprovider.com

Right: myemailaddy (at) someprovider (dot) com

Just my 0.02€ though...  ;D
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Also your wishes are in the todo-list, I think that the priorities should be the extras that would benefit the users who conect to a server, and some features (for example: user-groups), that help to make administration more simple.

I think very few owners would like that their visitors change the servers structure adding directories, deleting files and so on. If you need to do that from a remote site, you can do it well with remote administration (like vnc), including from a web page! You can even include a link (hidden, password protected) to your vnc-server to have full control over hfs, filesystem, privileges and so on.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline frank.cologne

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for all your answeres.

You are right, my eMail in my signature was silly, I know the problem but sometimes ...

----

I don't want to argue which function on the to-do-list should have the highest priority. And I don't have any idea how extensive it would be, to include this functions. (Or if it is perhaps not possible?)

I don't know, how the most of you work and wherefor you need hfs. I use it to give and take files, to share them, to work on them and give them back.
Until now I work with hfs the way BACTER supposed to do.

But there is a misunderstanding: I don't want to MANAGE THE SERVER from within the browser, but I wish that I and some special users could MANAGE THE FILES on our one, because otherwise I have to do it for all users. (Think about a workgroup-server where only the admin can delete files: what possibilities would he have? Either he does all the clearing-work on his on own or he has to give the full admin-rights to someone else. I don't like both ideas  ;)

In this spirit it would be great if I could give the rights to DELETE / CREATE (as I now can give the right to SEE / DOWNLOAD / UPLOAD) and find those buttons on the website.

KIND REGARDS!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 11:03:07 AM by frank.cologne »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
don't worry frank, if it's in the to-do-list, it has already been weighed and accepted.
just have no ETA (estimated time of arrival).
at this very moment i'm trying to get a cleaner 2.2 ... features needs to be effective before i work on others.

Offline frank.cologne

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
rejetto, thank you for reassuring me  :D