rejetto forum

Tray Icon & URL Encode non-ASCII characters

Guest · 4 · 5575

I am actully a Chinese Speaker, so when i use the URL Encode non-ASCII characters for Chinese Named files, The download like does not show file name like this in the Internet Explorer/Flashget >> %A6V%A5%AA%A8%AB%A6V%A5k%A8%AB%20A.DAT which Encoded URL actually shown only in the program, is this a bug or actully can not be done?

And can you set on default the tray icon does not check "Tray Icon for each download" ?  it fills up your system tray when people using flashget to download in muilt-part download

Funny thing once the HFS added the URL Encode option, the Status Bar in Internet Explorer can no longer see the proper name of the file in it.

why is that? why can the earlier release can show the proper name but the one added the URL Encode funtion can't?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
well, browsing through the source i found a fullEncode variable that forces encoding, no matter for options.
this variable was used on page generator.
i just don't remember why i introduced it. :(
i will try to disable it and see what happens. (in next 1.6 test release)

can you set on default the tray icon does not check "Tray Icon for each download" ? it fills up your system tray when people using flashget to download in muilt-part download
i understand that you need to disable that option, but this is not a good reason to have it disabled by default to anyone else.

Offline 326

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Just that few of my friend was complaining, well we we will see what's going on.

the tray icon part will be easy, just need to find my Delphi  ;)