rejetto forum

Uploading Related Issue

Guest · 6 · 3643

prashantk

I am using HFS2.3 beta(242)
When i try to upload a file to directory the following error was displayed on the upload page.
Employee-Template.csv: FAILED --- Error creating file: C:\temp\JFEDeliveries\ToNSS\デスクトップ\Employee-Template.csv
I copied the same file to other location(c:\temp\) and tried reuploading the file.In this case upload was successful.
Employee-Template.csv: OK --- 748 B (Speed 0 KB/s)

i am using a japanese version of winxp.
I tried out different combinations and found that when the path upto the file contains some japanese directory in it then the upload is not successful.
Please let me know if this is a bug or is there any way around here.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
can you download from that same japanese folder?

HFS is known to not be working if the folder name is unicode.

PrashantK

Yes i could download from the japanese folder.The problem seems to be only with upload that too when the file that is being uploaded is contained in some directory that has japanese name.
Also Japanese file name uploading is also working fine.
Please see the below stepwise tests for details.I hope they could be useful

1.Created a folder with japanese name(新規フォルダー) under my windows file system.(c:\temp)
2.Added the folder to HFS virtual File System  as Real Folder.
3.Created two sample japanese files on windows file system at following paths with file names as follows.
   C:\新規テキスト ドキュメント.txt
   C:\Documents and Settings\PrashantK\デスクトップ\情報.txt
4.Tried uploading the above two files to folder added in step2.
5.c:\新規テキスト ドキュメント.txt was uploaded successfullly.Msg displayed was
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
新規テキスト ドキュメント.txt: OK --- 4 B (Speed 0 KB/s)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\PrashantK\デスクトップ\情報.txt  was not uploaded and error on page was as follows
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
情報.txt: FAILED --- Error creating file: C:\temp\新しいフォルダ\デスクトップ\情報.txt
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.Next  i tried downloading the successfully uploaded file in step 5 from server
When i used FolderArchive feature a file named 新しいフォルダ[1].folder.tar was downloaded.The contents of file and file name was also downloaded correctly
7.Next i tried downloading the file uploaded in step 5 by right clicking the link and using IE menu's Save As menu option.THe file was downloaded correctly.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
mm, you reported folder name 新規フォルダー) in step1, and in step5 the message says C:\temp\新しいフォルダ\デスクトップ\情報.txt
1. where is the original name gone? did you use the folder of step1 or not? did hfs mess with the name?
2. consider i don't see japanese characters on my system. is 規 a character of the folder name?
and do you know if it is unicode or ansi in your system?
3. at step2 you say you add the folder as real folder, but are you referring to "temp" or directly to the japanese name?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:07:30 PM by rejetto »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
consider i don't see japanese characters on my system
Vista shows 'em. On XP you have to install IMEJP.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
consider i don't see japanese characters on my system
Vista shows 'em. On XP you have to install IMEJP.

i didn't because i would not be able to read it anyway :D