rejetto forum

Is HFS 32bit or 64bit software

Kiego · 4 · 3019

Offline Kiego

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, I am using HFS 2.3m. My system have a requirement to be able to support beyond year 2038. Would like to ask if HFS 2.3m is 64bit and able to meet such requirement? How can I check if the one I am using now is 32/64bit?

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
Original HFS is 32 bit application. You can check in Task Manager with hfs.exe opened, there will be "hfs (32 bit)" in the list.

@Rapid have customized version of HFS that is available in 64 bit binary.

By the way, what does it exactly main by "requirement"? Introduce it more will be better for us to help you :)
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline Kiego

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
My system is running in 64bit. The requirement is as such that the application is able to run normally beyond the year 2038 19th January. This include the date time logging for the application as well. I understand that the last signed 32bit integer is 03:14:07 19January 2038. (2^31 -1 = 2147484647seconds after 1 Jan 1970). Therefore would like to know if the hfs 2.3m have any problems after the stated above date.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Therefore would like to know if the hfs 2.3m have any problems after the stated above date.
It should work fine. Both Win32/64 NT systems are 'immune' to Y2K38 bug. Y2K38 is a 32-bit Unix problem, since Unix time started on January 1, 1970. Windows NT time (NT time epoch) started on January 1, 1601, allowing a range of about 29,200 years. Sources of this info, here, here and here. HFS internally doesn't use Epoch/Unix timestamp format, so, it should not be affected by this 2038 problem. ;)
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.