rejetto forum

Search Engine Builder Professional

Konde · 24 · 13235

Offline Konde

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

I'm using HFS on my Student Residence as a sharing machine and I'm very happy with it.
But now I was trying to build a search engine for the HFS and I bought the Search Engine Builder and I don't know how to work with it.

Can anyone of you guys do like a little tutorial of how should we install it?

Thanks in advance

Konde

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I don't know the search engine builder, but eventually two considerations may be useful for you:

- Search shoud be done on server-side, so that only selected fileentries are served. But HFS has no search support and there is no server-side scripting available.

- You could implement search on client side, accessing hfs with the ?recursive option. Instead of displaying the delivered list, you dont display the served list and use a java funtion to select the items and display only the matched file entries. But this method should not be used on a server, because HFS has to create a webpage with perhaps some thousend filentries, thats to much load for the server and needs some seconds to prepare the page. So this method only permits testing your skills in java-script and DOM.

So with hfs, wait for the search function until hfs 3.5 ... ;)  ... except if rejetto moves ?search=(filemask) to a higher position in th todo-list!
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
In the server hfs, there is for every file (in advanced -->> files filter) a mask defined by hfs admin.

Would be it not possible to associate simply with this filter, a filter of overload defined in the url by the user as why not:

?search=(...)   
 ?mask=(...)          associate with ?recursive
 ?filter=(...)

with include it in the filesfilter list, and apply it

main.pas

// filtered out
    if not fileMatch( ifThen(f.isFolder(), foldersfilter, filesfilter), f.name)
    then continue;

Shall see we it in the version 2.2a build138. ??

Rejetto, is it possible to add at same time the option ?page=uu   working like

?offset=nn                                list files from offset (nn) to end of list
?offset=nn&page=pp                   page is ignored, must working as  ?offset=nn
?offset=nn&limit=mm                   list files from offset (nn) to (offset+limit)
?page=pp&limit=mm                    list files from (after calculate) offset=page*limit to (offset+limit)
?offset=nn&page=pp&limit=mm     offset is ignored and recalculate as above in according with ?page=pp&limit=mm

and why not   ?recursive&nofiles    and    ?recursive&nofolder   to having only folders or files in the list

An idea would be to add the following variables

%recursive%    values TRUE or FALSE
%offset% %page% %limit% values are this passed in the last url line

?offset=0 define the first indice file
?page=0 must define the first page
?limit=0  define no files , will be redefine as 'no limits'

With this, We can use the values tramsmises by variables %var% into template, more easy to use in javascript. thanks
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:52:03 AM by mars »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
You can create a client side search that uses flash/javascript and searches the files.lst file.

The bonus of that is hfs will only show the files/folders the user who is searching has access to in files.lst.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
foggy make us a little template that we can see what you want to explain. thanks :o

I can make all the management of filter and pages in javascript but its will more easy for me with rejetto adaptations. ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 01:02:06 AM by mars »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
basically I'm saying you can get javascript/flash/some other client side language to download the files.lst file and then search through it.

I have been working on one for the past couple of weeks and it is no where near finished but the basic functionality works.

In the zip file is what I've made so far, just add them to the root of hfs, set hfs to use the files.tpl file and open the html page in hfs.

warning, if you have an old computer with a slow cpu or a very large file system use at your own risk :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 01:06:16 AM by Foggy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
?search=(...)   
 ?mask=(...)          associate with ?recursive
 ?filter=(...)

ok, experimentally i introduce filter, that is applied to both files and folder, or files-filter and folders-filter if you want to specify them separately.
this parameters are used only if no filter is defined in the VFS itself (server side), otherwise they are ignored.

Rejetto, is it possible to add at same time the option ?page=uu   working like

ok
'offset' will have precedence over 'page'

and why not   ?recursive&nofiles    and    ?recursive&nofolder   to having only folders or files in the list

just use ?files-filter=\* to get nofiles ;)

%recursive%    values TRUE or FALSE
%offset% %page% %limit% values are this passed in the last url line

i guess it is better to have a common way to get every URL parameter.
symbols will be called %urlvar-NAME%

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
<input huge post here...>

omg..

This would allow us to create an advanced folder tree structure on the webpages :|

Posibilities are endless again! thnx :P

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Dear rejetto thank you for all these positive reponses.

There is a board for the versions beta, one for templates, possibility of opening one board specialized for the propositions of modifications of hfs in the kind of the one that I proposed higher? So we would not be obliged to post almost everywhere in the forum and quickly to see again(to revise) what was already proposed.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the point is that suggestions are often made as replies, and not as topics.
see this topic, it is not a suggestion, it's a request for help. then you made the suggestion.
a board like the one you ask would not solve the problem, because suggestions would still be spread over the boards.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i would say a board Specially for hfs  delphi code not same as html or java for templates

have you receiving my mail about delphi code for ?sort=n+ .. ?sort=n-   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 09:41:41 PM by mars »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
a board is needed when there are lots of posts. delphi posts are very rare.

yes i got your private message, but it's still to be read.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 10:02:16 PM by rejetto »

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
If anyone has the SEBP software I need it, send it to me in a PM or something, I will host it with my bandwidth (real server, not home-based) for anyone who needs it in addition to me. I'll take a look at sites to "purchase" it.

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Offline Garphy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
is it possible to search files that in the subfolders?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
yes, ?filter=*query*&recursive < will show all files and folders.

or ?files-filter=*query*&recursive&folders-filter=\  < will show all files no folders.

or ?folders-filter=*query*&recursive&files-filter=\  < will show all folders no files.

Removing &files-filter=\, or &folders-filter=\ will show all folders regardless of the filter and the filtered files, i am trying to get this removed if the terminology changes.