rejetto forum

HELP!!! MAKING HFS PUBLIC!!!

Guest · 9 · 2615

P.J.

i no this is probabaly posted somewhere else, im sorry. But can someone please tell me how to make my files public. For example if I am in a friends house, i want it so if i leave the server on i can get files off my computer. Is that possible and if it is can someone explain it to me in easy terms! I've tries sooooo many times. Different ip address, opening ports, changing my router....NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK  :( :( :( :( :( Thanks in advance!!!

P.J.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

P.J.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!
ok...i did that now....it said...that the router is the problem and that i need to make sure that port forwarding is on for port 80....i went onto my router and here are my options for port forwarding (i dont no what to do):
Service Port: []~[] (2 boxes...tink i should put 80 in these to right???)
then it says 'select port and drop-down menu....these options include, ALL TCP PORTS, ALL UDP PORTS, FTP, MAIL SERVER WEB SERVER, and so on (can give the rest if its important)
next it says Protocol: with a drop-down menu giving the options ALL, TCP, UDP (all maybe???)
and the last thing it says is: Internal IP/Internal Port: then it gives me boxes to put an ip address in and straight after a box with port beside it...like this Port: [__]

hope this is enough information for you to help...just ask if you need more!!!
Thanks again!!

P.J.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
this is a FAQ
www.portforward.com
select your router, the select HFS, and follow instructions

P.J.

I've tried that website but they don't have my router..  :o  :-[  My router is a Sweex LW140UK.... Is there any othere site that can show me how to do it.....

Thanks for all your help!!

P.J.

GeeS

I've tried that website but they don't have my router..  :o  :-[  My router is a Sweex LW140UK.... Is there any othere site that can show me how to do it.....

Thanks for all your help!!

P.J.
There are at least two:
1. http://www.sweexeurope.nl
You may send them an e-mail for help and also ask them to improve their lousy manual  :P
if this fails try:
Advanced options/NAT;
accept connections with TCP from 0.0.0.0:80 (from everywhere on port 80 of your router);
connect with TCP to x.x.x.x:80 (to the IP assigned by the router of your PC on port 80 );
find out x.x.x.x : Start/Run/ "IPconfig /all" : IP-address is .....x.x.x.x;

2. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=how+to+ask&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
The first three hits will help you on your way  :P

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Service Port: []~[] (2 boxes...tink i should put 80 in these to right???)

maybe

then it says 'select port and drop-down menu....these options include, ALL TCP PORTS, ALL UDP PORTS, FTP, MAIL SERVER WEB SERVER, and so on (can give the rest if its important)

all tcp ports would forward you all the ports.
this may make your life easier, but be sure you have a good antivirus.
otherwise, "web server" may be enough.

next it says Protocol: with a drop-down menu giving the options ALL, TCP, UDP (all maybe???)

tcp

and the last thing it says is: Internal IP/Internal Port: then it gives me boxes to put an ip address in and straight after a box with port beside it...like this Port: [__]

this is your local IP address it may start with 192...
the port is the one used by HFS

P.J.

did all that you said....still not working....could it be possible that my internet provider doesnt allow what i am trying to do????:( :(

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile