rejetto forum

version 2.4

rejetto · 474 · 310030

Offline TEA-Time

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It's something in my configuration.  I tested a clean install on another computer and it worked fine.  So I renamed hfs.ini out of the way on the original computer and it's working there too.

So I'm trying to narrow it down.

Edit: Nothing is standing out.  Even if I temporarily reset the options in the Debug menu, it doesn't help.  Only renaming hfs.ini out of the way makes a difference.  I need to get to bed.  Let me know if I should PM you my hfs.ini file.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:18:33 AM by TEA-Time »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I created a rejetto folder and user and restricted it to just that folder with full access, and the log below is from just the login process.  I will message you the link to log into it to see what happens if you'd like.  Don't worry, nothing malicious in there.  8)   Feel free to upload, create a folder, delete, whatever.

your link was precious because i've found ANOTHER bug.   ;D

If the account has a redirection, the mode=auth doesn't work well, you get the redirection on the next request (style.css).
I've decided that redirection should not take place at all with an auth link. It will work only with manual login. Ok?

I'll publish another beta later today. Already collected 6 small changes.

So I'm trying to narrow it down.
Edit: Nothing is standing out.  Even if I temporarily reset the options in the Debug menu, it doesn't help.  Only renaming hfs.ini out of the way makes a difference.  I need to get to bed.  Let me know if I should PM you my hfs.ini file.

i don't think the ini would be enough
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 10:26:37 AM by rejetto »

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
The Unicode problem we dealt in alpha is still exists in beta5's strings(filenames) of upload, make folder, renaming etc.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:09:25 AM by NaitLee »
"Computation is not forbidden magic."
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just tested upload and comments with chinese characters, and had no problems.
Can you be more specific?

Offline TEA-Time

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
your link was precious because i've found ANOTHER bug.   ;D

Excellent!  Well it's an honor having you log into my server.  ;D

If the account has a redirection, the mode=auth doesn't work well, you get the redirection on the next request (style.css).

Yup, that was it!  I thought for sure I'd suspected and tested without the redirect, but apparently not.  I've removed the redirect from your account and you can see that it works now.  Color me red from embarrassment.  :-[

I've decided that redirection should not take place at all with an auth link. It will work only with manual login. Ok?

Yes, that actually occurred to me since the auth link already has a specific folder in it, but I forgot to mention it.

I'll publish another beta later today. Already collected 6 small changes.

Cool, I will test it this evening.

i don't think the ini would be enough

Alright, I think we'll be good after this anyway.

Oh, one more thing.  If I log in with an auth link, then log out without doing anything else in between that removes the auth part, it just automatically logs back in since it's still an auth link.  Would it make sense and would it be possible to just make the auth part go away while logging in?

And a feature suggestion.  When banning an IP address, maybe a button when entering the Comment to insert the date and time?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:19:57 PM by TEA-Time »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Oh, one more thing.  If I log in with an auth link, then log out without doing anything else in between that removes the auth part, it just automatically logs back in since it's still an auth link.  Would it make sense and would it be possible to just make the auth part go away while logging in?

ah, you are right, find this fix in this release

https://github.com/rejetto/hfs2/releases/tag/v2.4-beta06

Offline TEA-Time

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
v2.4 Beta 6 looks good!  No initially missing style sheet now.  :D

Now a question as to how things are supposed to work.  I added the redirect back to the rejetto account, which sends it to \rejetto, the only folder it has access to.  But if I try to manually log in at the root, I just get prompted to log in again instead of being redirected to the \rejetto folder.  Is that working as designed?  I kind of expected the redirect to happen, but at least I probably won't actually have anyone trying to do that.

And I think I found another bug.  If I click within or highlight the IP address part of a "user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" entry in the log and try to ban it, the IP address field is blank (not that I would actually want to ban the IP address of someone who has an account. heh).

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
(I'm rushing to leave when doing previous post, in a hurry.)
The last-utf-char-corruption still exists, but this cannot be seen on rejetto's computer.

Uploading a file with specified last utf8 char can reproduce the problem on most (other) computers.

eg. 哲学.ppt -> 哲�?ppt    (note that dot disappeared too)  Then "filename is forbidden".

This seems can be fixed with the (almost) same way we used in alpha to the uploading function.

Maybe file names on windows are in ansi but not utf-8.

Another thing: Most of the templates of version 2.3 (including mine) seems cannot work correctly in 2.4, with bad file action functions. Should this solved by template makers or rejetto? ::)

Problems found in Takeback:
 Uploads a blank file, no uploading results are shown (showing a filelist page while a POST request)
 Renaming & moving do not work
 Bad session when creating a folder
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Now a question as to how things are supposed to work.  I added the redirect back to the rejetto account, which sends it to \rejetto, the only folder it has access to.  But if I try to manually log in at the root, I just get prompted to log in again instead of being redirected to the \rejetto folder.  Is that working as designed?  I kind of expected the redirect to happen, but at least I probably won't actually have anyone trying to do that.

you are right. Fixed in next release.

And I think I found another bug.  If I click within or highlight the IP address part of a "user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" entry in the log and try to ban it, the IP address field is blank (not that I would actually want to ban the IP address of someone who has an account. heh).

right. Fixed too.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The last-utf-char-corruption still exists, but this cannot be seen on rejetto's computer.
Uploading a file with specified last utf8 char can reproduce the problem on most (other) computers.
eg. 哲学.ppt -> 哲�?ppt    (note that dot disappeared too)  Then "filename is forbidden".

yes, i tried this specific file name and it's working here.
What Windows version are you using?
I see in the screenshot that you are using a chinese translated HFS.
Can you try a clean one, without any customization, tpl, etc?

This seems can be fixed with the (almost) same way we used in alpha to the uploading function.

what are you talking about? i don't remember.

Maybe file names on windows are in ansi but not utf-8.

modern windows uses utf-16 internally, AFAIK.
it's me then converting it to utf-8 for some uses.

Another thing: Most of the templates of version 2.3 (including mine) seems cannot work correctly in 2.4, with bad file action functions. Should this solved by template makers or rejetto? ::)

i expect 2.3 compatible templates to work, and I'll do my best.
Anyway, i tested takeback 0.13b, and it's using the experimental and undocumented _PASSWORD_MD5.
I don't think it's worth keeping it.
I thought you had it updated to the new method. Maybe I saw an old version? If yes, can you link me the new one?

Problems found in Takeback:
 Uploads a blank file, no uploading results are shown (showing a filelist page while a POST request)
 Renaming & moving do not work
 Bad session when creating a folder

I just tried old 2.3 template, created a folder, uploaded a blank file (0 bytes), no problems found.
While testing takeback I saw a 'bad session'. Looked at the SID, and saw a '+' symbol, that was interpreted as a blank space by chrome while resending it.
I didn't dig it deeply, decided to just avoid it, and from next release the SID will have only alphanumerics.
But now I just cannot log in because of the problem i said above.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
all the fixes afore mentioned at https://github.com/rejetto/hfs2/releases/tag/v2.4-beta07b

i also added support for get https resources, for example through {.load.}
HFS still doesnt' support serving through https.
(thanks Rapid)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:03:48 PM by rejetto »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just noticed that the old template with its old login system is not working anymore.
It should work in next release.

It stopped working with alpha 8. I think at the time I made my tests with the mod that applied the new login to the old template.

Offline TEA-Time

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
you are right. Fixed in next release.

Confirmed fixed in v2.4 beta7.

Uhoh, now the IP address field is always blank when I try to ban one from the log.  :-\

Offline NaitLee

• Tireless poster
  • Computer-brain boy
    • View Profile
@rejetto:

The translations are just because of the hfs.lng file.

You have once solved the Unicode problem around here: http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=13288.msg1065652#msg1065652
Try to callback what the method you have used :D

For other things we mentioned I will do more actions a few days later to decide what to do next.
Takeback Template | PHFS

Offline ivominchev

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I want to test 2.4 but can't see any .exe file. Help?