rejetto forum

very uncool request for the developers of terayon / tog

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
first of all i love your templates...there is no doubt about this specially the preview functions...

unfortunately HFS doesnt work very good for me,

i need a very very huge favour which seems very lame as i am asking developers of another program to help me to work a very diffrent software.

i am using a webervser lets call is XYZ, the diffrence between XYZ and HFS is not much its very similar but due to my inability to understand HTML or any kind of programming i cannot use the terayon or TOG template with XYZ.

all i need is a stripped down version of terayon with search and preview functions so that it can work with XYZ. thats all.

if you guys can help me out please reply. or PM so i can tell you the real name or XYZ software.

thank you very much
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 05:51:09 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
i am using a webervser lets call is XYZ, the diffrence between XYZ and HFS is not much its very similar but due to my inability to understand HTML or any kind of programming i cannot use the terayon or TOG template with XYZ.

It's true! There are not many differences between a cat and a dog ... both have four legs.  :)

This would not be easier or more realistic to ask the developers of "XYZ" to add functions to their software and/or to their templates?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:01:00 AM by SilentPliz »

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
unfortunalty, XYZ is a paid product and the free version doesnt have any support. this is why i need to ask TOG and terayon developrs for a HUGE favor a devleop a very simple script. actually i am still using HFS for another small website. but need the XYZ as it has a few features that allow me greater control.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Hmm.. What SilentPliz said is a very good example, they may both have 4 legs (work, feel, look quite the same) but they are totally different animals (different template engines). I'm not sure, but my guess would be that application 'XYZ' as you call it has its own template engine. If that's the case, it would require a total rewrite of the template.

The templates as they are now are roughly 25% layout and 75% codes that would only work with the template engine of HFS. So you are basically asking us to rewrite that 75% of the template to make it work with an application we have never heard / worked with.

::) Talking about a huge favor.

Anyway, some more information about 'XYZ' would be nice ;D.

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

::) Talking about a huge favor.

well i know its a huge favour  :-[ .  i actually thought i was gonna be banned for asking lol :o

well the XYZ's name is Fastream netfile server http://www.fastream.com/download.php basically it has the filezilla ftp http in one suite...also i can run multiple servers for both http and ftp on the same computer without having to run multiple instances of HFS.

HFS is very good only problem is that it hangs my PC alot and since i am on a dynamic dns, the dyndns.com wont let me update my ip more than a few times every hour...

the template or script i need is basically the ultra stripped down version no need for flashy pictures or anything, only need a flv / mp4 previewer and a search function.

any help in this matter is appreciated.

cheers

Edit: actually forgot to mention that works like HFS also basically add directories to share, and you can put a index.htm in the root of the server so that it can display that as the frontpage/webpage.  what i dont get is how i use the TOG or terayon to read the directory listing added to the server.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:58:18 AM by gangooparsad »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
at a glance it looks like a good product.

if dyndns feature in HFS is working bad for you, you can just not use it, and use a dedicated software. just in case you didn't consider this.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
if dyndns feature in HFS is working bad for you, you can just not use it, and use a dedicated software. just in case you didn't consider this.

Not to mention a lot of Modem/Routers provide such a function within them. The Dynamic IP should not change until the next Modem re-connect. Unless there is a problem with your connection, changing so often is a problem with your ISP or Modem itself. It shouldn't change so much that HFS would hang...

http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/

Like I said I would have to talk to Richard about it, this is a huge favour.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:03:11 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
@ rejetto, its not the dyndns updater of HFS i think probably my PC is having problem with HFS. itused to work fine but lately its been very slow and hangs alot if someone access the server.

i am sure if i format the PC it will get back t normal but formating the HD is a somthing i cannot do yet as have alot of unsorted stuff on system HD.

@TSG, thanks for the help the most basic version of your previewer and the search function would be best!

thanks all

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
try menu > debug > temporarily reset options
and see if it is fast again

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
the experimental high speed...disabled, a friend tried to download a 1.2gb file the pc starts being unresposive / freezing up...

not much help, checked the taskmanager and the damn thing shows less than 1% usage...still's slowing down

Offline crazyboris

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what kind of computer do you use as a server?
dualcore or 2 separate cpu's
harddrives??
cpu speed

for me hfs is very stable , it can run for weeks.
and i have 3-4000 hits/day

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
gangopersand:

look what processes you are running.

In your picture the numbers of the memory usage seem somewhat strange to me. Normally, the sum of available memory and system caché is below of total memory. And more, the system cache in your case is very,very high and almost reaches the total system memory.

This could mean, that what is slowing down your machine is swapping (virtual memory <--> disk). Also, if I'm right, the spike visible in cpu load could be the start of the download, and just after memory page file starts to work.

Try stopping some stuff you are running, then retry testing with hfs.

your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
what kind of computer do you use as a server?
dualcore or 2 separate cpu's
harddrives??
cpu speed

for me hfs is very stable , it can run for weeks.
and i have 3-4000 hits/day

i am running a 3.00ghz dual core with 2 x 500gb HD, 2 GB 677 ram and windows xp pro.

mine used to work fine till about 2 months ago before it would lag a little then i thought maybe its the games i have installed...but after formating tried again but still lagging. now the problem is more severe as it hangs or becomes unresponsive once someone tries something.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

did you try this advice of mine? you said nothing about.

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

did you try this advice of mine? you said nothing about.

done, but not much diffrence, i have disables the following

tray icons and notifications
logging
dydns update ( yes i got my self a new router!)
auto update to beta version thingy

the diffrence is there but seems if the file size goes over 900mb or 1gb it gets slow.something like when someone is downloading it will start the upload then pause to take a breath every 15 seconds...like short bursts of upload..you get what i mean?

anyway any update for the request from Terayon and TOG guys? :'(