rejetto forum

Hide File Extension in Listing

parade · 8 · 6486

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hello,

when "Hide File Extension in Listing" is activated I can't preview/play a file in that folder. Although the thumbs are no longer visible.
That ist obviously so because the listed filename instead of the real filename is taken for thums/previews.
Is there any way to make ToG take the real filename with the extension?

Greetings
parade

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
The preview code will not work without an extension... i just tested the new code and that will not work either, we require file extensions to determine some javascript functionality, feed files to players etc.. not so much in the new codes... but the old code was even more reliant on the extension. Both ToG and Terayon will have this loss of functionality without extensions.

The thumbnails aren't visible because the file extension is essential to the name of the file of the previews.

Ino if i were a user of a website i'd want to know the extension of a file before i download it anyway.  ;)

So leave that option off, and you'll have no problems. I'll put this in the readme when we release.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 11:44:20 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if your tpl needs to detect the filetype, it can use %item-ext%.

i noticed it doesn't work with that option enabled, but it's a bug, and it will be fixed in next build. so you can rely on it.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Thanks but i don't know how you will fix it? We have to use %item-name% for mp3 files because item-url is interpreted differently by firefox and ie (url encoding), so we have to convert it manually with javascript for perfect functionality... Will wait and see i guess. Maybe item-ext is the answer.

On second thoughts... probably not. meh we'll sort something out :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:00:21 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Thanks but i don't know how you will fix it?

so that it works the same with that option enabled or disabled

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
if we feed %item-name%.%item-ext% to the scripts, doesnt that add the extension twice to the name if the option is disabled?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i said "detect the filetype", and for such job to use both %item-name% and %item-ext% makes no sense.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I agree with rejetto.

And that was my question about it also GE. >_<