when there will be any progress, of any kind, it will be released

the search is planned for 2.1
i won't work on 2.1 until 2.0 is stable

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Chez,

You don't have to wait until rejetto releases a HFS search engine.  That could take a very long time.

I have been using a product called Search Engine Builder Pro with HFS since v2.0 beta 1.  It works very good, highly configurable, it's quick, and it's very easy to use and incorporate into HFS.  

There are no HFS stability issues at all.

More info can be found here ....

Code: [Select]
http://www.aleadsoft.com/search-engine-builder-pro/index.phpThis is just one example of a search engine that works well with HFS.  I'm sure there are many more on the net that you could choose from and try out.

maverick
maverick

Offline Chez

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eda-computers.co.il
Hello Maverick,

Thanks for your note about the search engine.
I've tried it, quite nice and sime program.

Only one probelm - It will only index files (no folders).
Meaning, If I have a folder called "temp", and I will search for the word "temp", it will not find it.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Chez.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Chez,

You have to understand what indexing means.  It will index folders - meaning that it will index the "contents" of the folders that you tell it to index.  It will even index a complete drive or partition as well as a complete CD or DVD drive.

Think about it.  If someone comes to your site and wants to do a search would they even know you had a folder named temp and would want to find it?  No.  They would be searching for specific words, filenames, extensions etc.

Now if you had a file named for example temp.doc or whatever but it includes the word temp in it and this file is located in a folder called temp, and the search engine is configured to index the folder called temp,  the search engine would find the file named temp.doc and tell you with a complete path that it is located in your temp folder.  That file could also be downloaded directly from the search engine search results page and HFS  would still log and count the download.

Try different indexing configurations until you have the type of search results you want.

maverick
maverick

Offline TGeRi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi!

I think he meant a situation when for example you have tons of pictures.

U have a folder called dogs and 1.jpg, 2.jpg... there
and you have cat-s, flovers, anything else.

If i search for dogs i wont find anything...

Sorry for my baad english but i hope u understand me.

TGeRi

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TGeRi"
Hi!
I think he meant a situation when for example you have tons of pictures.
U have a folder called dogs and 1.jpg, 2.jpg... there
and you have cat-s, flovers, anything else.
If i search for dogs i wont find anything...
Sorry for my baad english but i hope u understand me.
TGeRi
TGeRi,

I use the javascript search engine method (advanced).   I just did a test based on your example above.  My results are below:

YES the search engine will find ALL of the jpg's found in a folder called dogs no matter what filename those jpg's use.  The search engine has to be configured to index the folder called dogs.

In the search name field, just put the word dogs in there, select "filename" and "all words" from the drop down menus (which I configured as my default choices) and click the search button.  The search results show all of the jpg's located in the dogs folder and they are confirmed by the path shown underneath each filename in the search results.

You must have done something wrong when configuring the search engine  as it works perfectly here.  

maverick
maverick

Offline TGeRi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi!

Thats good for Chez.

(i didn't install the search thingi)

TGeRi

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions