rejetto forum

2.0 coming...

rejetto · 1151 · 540503

Trazi

Hi,

I just made a test with Reget Deluxe, file was 6658032928 bytes and first

400 Mb downloaded properly (and then i run out with free space on hdd) but im sure full file whuld downloaded without problems.

Im using HFS 2.0 B21, windows XP SP2 and Reget Deluxe 4.1

FireFox 1.0.1 could not tell filesize on start but downloaded 400 Mb as well i think it whuld finnish if space whuld be sufficient

Internet Explorer downloaded 0KB and stopped there.

all my test were local so i dont know if they are helping enywhere. but mayby it does.

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
little bug - I try to share 4GB file and download it and i can download only 200MB !!!!

Check what file system you guys use ? NTFS ? If you have FAT32 - the max file size IS 4G -1byte ...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_tdrn.asp

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this was mentioned here...
It would be nice if there will be an option (on the server side) to display the details - size, date/time of files/folders in  "explorer style" . meaning - adding a view-menu, with "list","details" menu-list (with or w/o showing "icons") .
This may apply to both virtual AND real folders, and can optionally replace the comments. this way, the user can view the whole tree details w/o the need to drag the mouse over each and every file (much like in the remote template view) . Also local file operations such as file - delete, rename, copy-pastes can be available to the server-user ( and eventually - when permissions will evolve - to the remote user) .

What do you think ?

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I've just moticed that HFS has sound-effects  8O when it is a background window and "signals" by blinking the minimized window . Can those be disabled , and/or - re-defined as some a user .wav file ?

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rafi"
I've just moticed that HFS has sound-effects  8O when it is a background window and "signals" by blinking the minimized window . Can those be disabled , and/or - re-defined as some a user .wav file ?

You can disable it by unchecking

Menu - Flash Taskbutton - Also beep, and choose Menu - Flash Taskbutton - Never

You have to switch to 'Expert Mode' first (beta21)
There is no way to customize a sound (yet), I think? :?:

MarkV
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MarkV"
Just go into the Control Panel > Sounds and change the system default to anything you would like.
maverick

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MarkV"
...and change the system default ...
Better do it in the correct way, or not at all  ...

Edit:
Expert mode - on my system (Win98) most of the times is does not work ..  :( the "other options" menu changes, but the main menu stays in easy mode...  a bug ?

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
:?:
maverick

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "maverick"
:?:
You don't change SYSTEM defaults to accommodate a single program. Each application should take care of itself...

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
You don't change SYSTEM defaults to accommodate a single program. Each application should take care of itself...
While what you say is true, the option is simple - to "beep" or "not to beep" on download or connection.  IMHO this is definitely nothing major that requires a HFS code change.  A system default sound is a system default sound nothing more.  I enabled beep for a while then disabled it as it was driving me going off every few seconds.
maverick

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "maverick"
While what you say is true, the option is simple - to "beep" or "not to beep"  ... was driving me going off every few seconds.
Me   too...
But I aimed higher then the "to beep or not to beep" dilemma ... like a user defined .wav file...

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Well I got my very first error report.  Here it is...

Access violation at address 004F82F9 in module 'hfs.exe'. Read of address 0000000C
HFS 2.0 beta20
----------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 3/26/05 2:57:04 AM
[004F82F9]{hfs.exe     } main.TmainFrm.BanIPaddress1Click (Line 5366, "main.pas" + 0) + $D
[0040413F]{hfs.exe     } System.@HandleAnyException + $33
[004F82F4]{hfs.exe     } main.TmainFrm.BanIPaddress1Click (Line 5366, "main.pas" + 0) + $8
[0045C5F6]{hfs.exe     } Menus.TMenuItem.Click + $A6
[0045D7CF]{hfs.exe     } Menus.TMenu.DispatchCommand + $13
[0045E4AE]{hfs.exe     } Menus.TPopupList.WndProc + $82
[0041DC7A]{hfs.exe     } Classes.TThreadList.UnlockList (Line 3097, "classes.pas" + 1) + $7
[0042F264]{hfs.exe     } Graphics.FreeMemoryContexts + $98
[004687EC]{hfs.exe     } Controls.TWinControl.MainWndProc + $2C
[0045E3FD]{hfs.exe     } Menus.TPopupList.MainWndProc + $1D
[00428AA8]{hfs.exe     } Classes.StdWndProc (Line 10565, "classes.pas" + 8) + $0
[00433192]{hfs.exe     } Contnrs.TComponentList.GetItems + $A
[00455873]{hfs.exe     } Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage + $83
[004558AA]{hfs.exe     } Forms.TApplication.HandleMessage + $A
[00455ACA]{hfs.exe     } Forms.TApplication.Run + $96
[004FC8E8]{hfs.exe     } hfs.hfs (Line 58, "c:\code\mine\hfs\hfs.dpr" + 14) + $2
System   : Windows XP Professional, Version: 5.1, Build: A28, "Service Pack 2"
Processor: Intel, Pentium 4, 3000 MHz MMX
Display  : 1024x768 pixels, 24 bpp
Product Versions

hfs.exe: Build: 0 2/19/05 10:08:34 AM

So, what does this tell anybody?

maverick
maverick

roirraW *edor* ehT

Something weird happen last week which closing the program and relaunching cured.  First time I've ever seen this, and I access my own computer from work every day, and have used beta 21 since it came out.

I couldn't gain access from either of the two computers/network connections in my office.  When I came home and looked through the log, HFS showed those IPs as banned, but only in the log.  I have my work IPs set up with Address2Name, and it was showing these names correctly, but also showing them as banned.  I couldn't find those addresses in the ban list.

Eventually I just quit the program and relaunched it and everything's been fine since then.  Sorry I don't think there's anything I can send you to track this down, since nothing crashed or had any other obvious error.

I just thought it was weird and kindof funny and wanted to share this.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Address2Name became banned
could someone else have used your computer while you was away? (s)he may have banned and unbanned in the while.

logs and ban configuration could have been useful, anyway

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
like a user defined .wav file...
i will introduce such feature if someone ACTUALLY plans to use it

"explorer style" . meaning - adding a view-menu, with "list","details" menu-list (with or w/o showing "icons") .
a tree with columns is unlikely to be.
there's no such thing in delphi and the VirtualTree i used for &RQ is too big, i want HFS to stay little.
an option could be to have an explorer style, with no tree structure. this is available in delphi. you would have to enter/exit from folders, just like explorer.

Also local file operations such as file - delete, rename, copy-pastes can be available to the server-user
you already have such operations, but for the virtual file system.
how to introduce for the real file system without confusing the user?

So, what does this tell anybody?
never mind, i just fixed it ;)