rejetto forum

Template For New Users? Adding Folders a Myth?

Age · 24 · 10239

Offline Age

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Integers of K
Hey, I'm just exploring the beta and templates and learning about all this fun stuff. (Hopefully in the future I'll start being helpful instead of being the dumb one asking all of the questions.)

1. Is there a template/easy way for new users to "register?" (I can't seem to find anything that actually allows this.)
2. I keep seeing people saying, "Add folders!" but I've yet to actually find anyway to add a folder from the HFS interface (with or without templates).

Really, I just want people to be able to "take credit" for their uploads, and the best way seems to be for everyone to be a user and have the comments appended with "uploaded by:" as it the beta does now for those with existing user accounts.   And like the rest of the HFS population, I'd like to see those users be able to make folders (I don't care about permissions, anyone can see everyone else's stuff for all I care, but the option would be really handy).

Thanks for any links you can provide. I'm sorry if this questions is asked a hundred times; I really did search.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. the default template doesn't currently have such feature at the moment, it will in the future, but in the while it can be scripted.
i don't know if there's a registration form ready-to-use out there (or "in here", since we are posting in the main source of hfs add-ons).

2. same as for 1

Offline uvbeenzaned

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for asking "Age".  As posted before in the forum there is a way to register users, the only reason that it's "not a great idea is because of security reasons and the users couldn't pick which folders the wanted access to and what rights they wanted anyway."  If you need a good option for creating folders download this tpl: http://www.adrive.com/public/2d3f5be333d0df159814747764a1c46bf77ff3f9bd1801c8ca64074d67bbd867.html
Hope I was of any help!
Antec 900 Gaming Case, Nvidia XFX 780i 3 Way SLI Motherboard, 6 GB RAM, EVGA-Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX + and Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT using 2 Way SLI, Pentium Dual Core Processor, Core Speed=2.6 MHz, 3 Monitors, 1150 GBs of hd storage, Win7=YEAH!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@uvbeenzaned
i remember having said that, but that reason is outdated now.
since then i added permission called "any account", that will fit both old accounts and accounts to come.
moreover, by scripting additional features you may even create per-user dedicated folders, etc.
so, at the moment the reason for it to be msising is that i still have to work on the default template to use new capabilities. It has been secondary to me since there are other people who's dedicating time to make and enhance templates, but i will.

Offline uvbeenzaned

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update!
Antec 900 Gaming Case, Nvidia XFX 780i 3 Way SLI Motherboard, 6 GB RAM, EVGA-Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX + and Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT using 2 Way SLI, Pentium Dual Core Processor, Core Speed=2.6 MHz, 3 Monitors, 1150 GBs of hd storage, Win7=YEAH!

Offline Roessi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
heres the default template with function to change password and create folder

Offline Age

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Integers of K
heres the default template with function to change password and create folder

Awesome, that works great. Thank you... I'll poke around.

So is there no way/template way for a user to "register" as far as we know?

Offline Roessi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
err just changed one line again cause for me the page didnt load right anymore in firefox when the password had changed O.o :) now it works fine :) template attached.

and bout the registration form ... ill try if i find sth to realize it :) you want everyone to be able to create an account ? i thinkl this is the problem bout an registration form ... who do you want to be able to create an account and what acces does he get : - /

roessi

Edit: attached second verision with rename function but i have no idea what the best way would be to allow only certain users to rename files/folders
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:10:33 PM by Roessi »

Offline uvbeenzaned

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. ;D

Offline mudputty

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Tridell Utah
Edit: attached second verision with rename function but i have no idea what the best way would be to allow only certain users to rename files/folders

I would guess that it would need to see from the notes from the hfs.comments.txt who it was that uploaded the file and if it matches the %user% that is currently logged in then they would have the option to rename. Is that do-able?

Offline Roessi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
k and if its for everyone a fine solution i add the possibilty
to add a key in the notes part of a user,group or subgroup with
notes=true
or notes = false

if the key isnt in the notes part the user isnt allowed to rename . ...
if in any grou thhe user is member of the key is set to false the user also isnt allowed to rename except at the user account the key is set to true :)

hope u understand what i mean ^^

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you should call it "can rename=1".

my suggestion is to use 1/0 instead of true/false, because it's the way the language consider true/false.

Offline Roessi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
kk :) i'll do it this way :)

Edit:

kk the account notes work :) and its with 1/0
but for the hfs.comments.txt
umm how you mean this exactly ^^
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:06:40 PM by Roessi »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
but for the hfs.comments.txt
umm how you mean this exactly ^^

i guess you're asking this to mudputty, not to me.