rejetto forum

Add "Real Folder" by Commandline

Guest · 6 · 5648

pc-coholic

Hi everyone!

I spent looking for a solution for about an hour now - perhaps I'm just missing the obvious...

I'm launching hfs with
Code: [Select]
hfs.exe "C:\some\folder\to\add\"
Now HFS adds the folder to list of served folders - but there is just one thing: The popup asking me, if this is a real or a virtual folder.

How can I provide HFS directly from the command line with the information, to add this directory as a real folder?

(The problem is, that I can't juse a VFS-File, as the path changes every time I start HFS...)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Martin

pc-coholic

Solved by adding

Code: [Select]
add-folder-default=real
into the hfs.ini-File :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
that was easier to do by
menu > virtual file system > adding folder

;)

Offline roborob301

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Want to bring this topic back up. I have installed HFS on server core. For some reason when I try to add a real folder it only lets me add C:\ and I cannot add any subdirectories. I think this is a limitation of how the Windows Explorer works in Server core, because I can add files in other directories with no problems.

Is there an actual command or .ini parameter to add real folder E:\add\this\folder

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Hi, welcome to the forum...

For some reason when I try to add a real folder it only lets me add C:\ and I cannot add any subdirectories.
Be sure to run HFS with admin rights, and better install HFS directly it on a folder on C:\ (not inside 'Program Files', 'Documents and Settings', 'Windows', or any other protected/restricted folder). Perhaps that fixes your issue.

Is there an actual command or .ini parameter to add real folder E:\add\this\folder
As far I know, it's not possible. It doesn't exists a .ini parameter to directly share folders.
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you didn't specify HOW you tried to add the real folder.
there are 3-4 methods, i think, but they are mostly equivalent.
did you try to drag&drop the folder from windows explorer to HFS window ?