rejetto forum

Strange problem with hfs + external IP

Offline LouZipher

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi, I have strange problems with HFS ... some solutions say: find external IP on startup, but ...

- find external IP on startup doesnt work all the time
- starting hfs with "Add to hfs" will show internal IP often
- running music (mp3 via foobar) - this doubles and doubles the starting time of hfs, running browser - too, but only sometimes
- find external IP on startup doesnt work too while listened music AND using "Add to hfs" - then I always get the internal IP

Trying all this a second time, I found out this:

Using "Add to hfs" works, iof the file is (for example) a txt or inf. Is it a jpg, the time for adding and starting hfs took 3 time as normal AND there is NO external IP.

Some ideas how to fix this problem?

And: 2,2d wants to save the virtual file system every exit, how can I avoid this ?

Thx + greetings

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
- find external IP on startup doesnt work all the time

does it work always the manual "find external address" instead?

- running music (mp3 via foobar) - this doubles and doubles the starting time of hfs, running browser - too, but only sometimes

this happens to HFS only? not to other software?

- find external IP on startup doesnt work too while listened music AND using "Add to hfs" - then I always get the internal IP

it's hard to me to guess how can foobar interfere with it

Using "Add to hfs" works, iof the file is (for example) a txt or inf. Is it a jpg, the time for adding and starting hfs took 3 time as normal AND there is NO external IP.

AFAIK, hfs has no special handling for jpeg. It's just a file like any other. This sounds like something specific with your system.

And: 2,2d wants to save the virtual file system every exit, how can I avoid this ?

+ Menu -> Start/Exit -> "Quit without asking to save" 

Offline dogfyter

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Mine does the same.  No matter what settings "save/don't save".  It always boots the internal ip.  I even downloaded the latest beta version and this still happens.  Oh yeah, no foobar either.  Please advise.